Thursday, March 31, 2005

Decorating the lounge

Did I mention the wedding? Thought not, I must be slipping into my dotage! No seriously, we have decide to have the wedding reception at home - it'll be a small affair honestly Simon! So we are busy "tarting" up bits of the house ready for said event! I am very much of the opinion "if they think my house needs decorating and look down their noses at me because of this - they don't deserve to have me as a friend!" But nevertheless we are finishing the kitchen, doing something about the lounge & tidying the garden!

There's not a lot to do in the kitchen - friend's Jo and Georges (well mostly Georges as he owns the tile business - Stonehouse Tiles) gave us some lovely gray and white mosaic tiles to finish the kitchen. We've sweated blood and guts in the garden (see previous post Gardening Hell!) So that just leaves the lounge!

So a week ago Simon and I started pulling at pieces of wallpaper whenever we passed! You know how it is .... "I see an edge lets just give that a yank and see what happens!"

No comments: