Wednesday, April 06, 2005

100 things about me - a working list

  1. I have been on the Internet since 1997
  2. I'm Welsh
  3. I was born in Morriston Hospital, Swansea on August 14th
  4. Which makes me a Leo
  5. And a rooster
  6. I have hazel eyes
  7. I have worn glasses since J2 (aka Year 4 - that was before the UK changed to Year 1 to Year 6 for Primary school etc)
  8. I don't like my face without glasses
  9. I am very shy; other people always think I am very confident; I just think I have a good "front" to hide behind
  10. I can keep secrets - can't I?? You know I can - don't you!
  11. I am right-handed; but my mum said I was just as comnfortable as a "leftie" until I started school!
  12. I am a brunette (but somewhere deep inside I am really blonde)
  13. I love shoes
  14. I have size 7 feet
  15. I passed my driving test 2nd time around
  16. I love cooking and eating with friends and family
  17. My favourite restaurant is La Garissade ..... I sat at a table 5 foot away from Raymond Blanc last time I was there!
  18. I love to play backgammon (thank you Ruth for teaching me and making me an addict!)
  19. I am a primary school teacher
  20. I listen to Radio 2 on the way to work
  21. I stopped smoking in April 2000 and now only smoke when I am absolutley plastered and then regret it for weeks
  22. I am 35 years old but right now I feel older
  23. I have a tattoo
  24. I am 5' 5 1/2" tall (DO NOT FORGET THE 1/2)
  25. I can sing the whole of the theme song from the Muppet Show
  26. I can name the four islands of Japan in order from north to south
  27. I can't whistle
  28. My favourite comedians are Billy Connolly and Eddie Izzard
  29. Whilst we are on the subject Eddie Izzard - hubba, hubba; ding-dong (that's my bell ringing!)
  30. Kiwi fruit makes my tongue tingle at the back and side
  31. When I was 13-ish, I heard my rabbit drop dead
  32. I have only been seen in work in my current job in a skirt (unless you count "fancy dress days") once
  33. My favourite colour is lilac
  34. I'd like to own a campsite in southern France
  35. My least favourite word to write is Egypt - have a go, you'll see why!
  36. I have a younger brother
  37. I live in Kent but would prefer to live in France or New Zealand
  38. I wanted to be a seismologist but failed my geography "A" level
  39. I should have become a chef - but my comprehensive school careers advisor said I should do "A" levels - I shouldn't have listened
  40. I find voices on the phone a real "turn on", I kept Simon's first phone message for 6 months and re-listened over and over again and then changed phone companies and lost it - duh!
  41. I was a prefect in the sixth form only
  42. I had a crush on Roger Taylor - the drummer from Duran Duran - everyone else liked John or Simon (K.R. - you know who you are - fancied Nick Rhodes!!)
  43. My favourite tv show was/is/will always be Blackadder
  44. ......... followed by Charmed
  45. ......... followed closely by Will & Grace
  46. I have only ever broken 1 bone
  47. My favourite comfort food is sausage & mash with onion gravy (sausages interchangeable with toad in the hole)
  48. My "last meal on earth" would be pan fried foie gras at the "Chasse de Bonnecoste"
  49. I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts - custard filled choc coated
  50. I speak French
  51. I would like to speak Italian
  52. I am addicted to JT Blocks at Yahoo!
  53. I can say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch - which is easy if you are Welsh! But probably not so easy if you are not!!
  54. I had a yellow fiesta called Percy
  55. My parents nearly called me Jade
  56. I play poker for money on Tuesdays
  57. I hate marzipan
  58. And tripe too
  59. I don't like (saying) the words slacks and mince
  60. I used to paint maps for a living
  61. I panic if someone sings the theme from Jaws in the swimming pool
  62. I have 4 nephews ( - and one more is on the way!)
  63. I was born on my grandparent's ruby wedding anniversary
  64. My favourite film ever is "Seven Brides for Seven brothers"
  65. Some of my other favourites include Calamity Jane, The Shawshank Redemption & Cry Freedom (bigger list on my profile)
  66. I read constantly - even on the loo (ok too much info, I'll stop now)
  67. My favourite book is The Eight
  68. The Eight would be one of my "Desert Island Books" (No idea what I mean? Click here)
  69. I can think of lots of "irreverent things to write here!"
  70. I re-read books I have already read, so do my dad and my brother - my mother just doesn't get this!
  71. I have lived at/in 8 houses/flats in my 35 years and one of those was for 23 years
  72. I love 70s disco
  73. I love Hayseed Dixie
  74. I never wear perfume - it makes me sneeze, even if other people are wearing it!
  75. I cannot drink Dr Pepper's or Root Beer (scent reminds me of germolene)
  76. I am terrified of spiders
  77. I don't even like tomato stalks (my brother used to thrown them at me and pretend they were spiders - git!)
  78. My alcoholic drink of choice is Brandy with lots of coke and lots of ice
  79. And if I'm drinking wine - red or cava
  80. The 2 best cures for a hangover I know are a "full English" or Heinz cream of tomato soup
  81. I like to cross-stitch
  82. My favourite take-out / junk food is KFC. My nephew used to call KFC - Ken-fucky Tried Chicken, this still makes me howl with laughter!
  83. I cry watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition every time it is on (which is currently every day!)
  84. I am agnostic
  85. At the last census I listed my religion as Jedi
  86. But I could easily become pagan!
  87. My father still calls me tuppence - unless I call really early and then he calls me "Your mother's daughter" as in ....."Good morning your mother's daughter ..... why are you calling a this ungodly hour?"
  88. I just "don't do domestic cats!"
  89. I sing out loud when driving ALWAYS
  90. I wish I could sing better
  91. I love Philadelphia cream cheese and strawberry jam open sandwiches
  92. I would love to be able to play the piano
  93. I have a B. ED. degree in education and geography from the University of Wales
  94. I can't listen to "Fields of Gold" without crying - Sting or Eva Cassidy
  95. I am a geneaologist (but I don't think I can spell it!) btw - if anyone knows where my paternal great grandfather William Paddison Collins was born, I will be truly & eternally grateful
  96. My favourite pizza is from Pizza Hut - spicy pork, onion and sweetcorn (I can feel/hear/see the pizza "purists" shuddering from here!)
  97. I was on the school synchronized swimming team
  98. I swam for the school. And I swam for county team - when it was still West Glamorgan - in 1986
  99. Writing this blog is the first time I have ever written anything I didn't HAVE TO write - that's a major step for me!
  100. I love reading other people's "100 Things about me"

I might have to add to this later!!!! Who said I had to stop at 100?

6 comments:

Katya Coldheart said...

ooooh gotta love Krispy Kreme...this is why i need to lose 4 stone...lol

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

hehe.. i did a hundred, then thought id do anohter hundred, and came to a halt at 75 or 76...lol
i still havent finished it!
xxxxx

Katya Coldheart said...

i like to cross stitch too...

Cheryl said...

I thought I commented here, was sure I did, but....
'Snap' on:
11, 12, 14, 18, 24, 28, 29, 30, 32, 44, 47 (will swap for good mash and peas if the gravy is good), 58, 67 (I'd like to say Katherine Neville rocks, but didn't rate her second book), 68, 74 (not quite so allergic but don't some people just dry your lips and nose up just by wafting past....)

:-D

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this and 'snap' on loads of them especially 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers'. Howard Keel was my ideal man growing up (closely followed by Benjamin .. mmm, Benjamin).

And I sing 'Secret Love' and 'Take me Back to the Black Hills' to get my son to sleep (he's goes to sleep to get away from my singing).

David said...

I am always being asked to say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. English people just can't get their tounges around it, apart from the go go goch at the end.