Monday, April 11, 2005

First day back to school

Do you remember when you were at school and the Easter / summer / Christmas holidays started, you know the long ones (especially if the religion bits of Easter & Christmas were timed right!) that were spread out before you and you knew they would last forever? Do you remember that feeling?

------------------

Fantastic - the best! Just like .... well, just like Wales winning the six nations rugby in fact!

------------------

And you had a brilliant holiday - you stayed up late, you did things you don't normally get a chance to do & caught up with friends you don't normally get a chance to see. And then suddenly the holiday came to an end and those weeks which had been spread before you were gone. And there was that awful night - when you (well I) didn't sleep, because you knew school started again tomorrow! And that morning of feeling sick because you didn't want to go back to school!!

I'm going to let you in on a secret - teachers are still just like that! I have just spent the last 2 1/2 weeks (the religion bits of Easter were timed right!) doing all the things I don't normally get a chance to do!! I watched the crappiest & best bits of daytime telly, I went to the supermarket any time I wanted to, I stayed up late, I went out in the afternoon and saw friends - a wonderful holiday! But I didn't sleep well last night and now I feel sick!! So, in case my mum is listening - I don't want to go to school!!

2 comments:

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

rofl.. this post cracked me up!... makes me laff to think that back in the day when i was trying to think of ways to stay home after the holidays, the teachers wanted to do the same!...lol
xxxxxxxxxxx

portuguesa nova said...

My teacher friends are in the same boat as you right now...look on the bright side, at least you get a breeak.