Saturday, April 02, 2005

I have a blue and white chequerboard garden wall!

Simon's sister came down this morning to help us in the garden/around the house before the wedding ..... did I metion there was going to be a wedding? We had already had quite a busy morning. Rushed to B&Q for dowels (- the blinds for the living room), went to the fishmonger in Rainham (brilliant if you ever need fish I'll give you the number!), I delivered the material and dowels to Gravesend, we collected the table/chairs from the Garden Company and I was still at the railway station by 11.50ish to collect the lovely Helen (my sister-in-law to be ...... which might change if they don't sort .... hang on I'm getting ahead of myself!)

We all worked really hard all afternoon - unfortunately I didn't myself organised enough for before photos - but the battery is now on charge for "afters". We (the royal we!) cut the grass & strimmed the edges, put new fence panels in, weeded and dug out a flower bed, ate lunch al fresco and put down a membrane to stop weeds and filled said bed with bricks - ready to cover with gravel and cobbles!


At 5 o'clock I left for Tesco safe in the knowledge that Helen was going to paint the water butt and Simon was sweeping the patio. I mooched around the supermarket for an hour so before returning home to find that my beloved and his sibling had been "creative & artistic" whilst I was out! I know have diagonal blue and white stripes painted on the garden wall! The "troublesome twosome" have painted every other breeze block on what was a blue wall white!! Yes I know the blue wall/fence was a bad idea in the first place ..... but Alan Titchmarsh made the colour look so good on Ground Force! But by gosh it didn't half show up the pigeon poop!


I came home from Tesco and this was my garden wall

Do I really want to be joined in wedlock to this family? Do I? Honestly? [See the rest of the garden pictures here]

No comments: