splodge of vegetable oil
What to do ...
- Finely chop the onion, slice the Portobello mushrooms and crush the garlic.
- Gently fry in oil with sprinkle of salt for about 15 mins, until soft. Add the mince, turn the heat up to medium, and cook until browned.
- Then simply stir-in the rest of the ingredients, incl. the chopped coriander stalks, reserving the leaves until later.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 1 and a half hours, stirring regularly and adjusting the heat if necessary.
- Check and adjust seasoning with both Suzy salt and Percy pepper!! *
- Add the chopped coriander leaves, stir and serve with white rice and/or bread.
* To be fair ... I also bring out the chilli and red pepper jam at this point - that's another recipe for another day!