Friday, June 21, 2013

50 signs you are getting old! Part 1

The (dreadful) Daily Mail - read religiously by the OH has published a list of 50 signs you are getting old.  If I answer yes to more than half of them I might just do some ranting!  Oh wait - that's #50!


So ... let's think about these!

1. Feeling stiff - umm, yes, unfortunately!
2. Groaning when you bend down - no, phew!
3. Saying "It wasn't like that when I was young" - no but I do say "when I started teaching" and "when I was in school"!
4. Saying "In my day" - see above.
5. Losing hair - no, thank god, I have a full head of hair; full, bouncy, wavy hair BUT (and here is my issue) graying hair!  GRAY!  Hate it!  12 yr older husband - gray?  No!  Annoyed by this - heck yes!
6. Not knowing any songs in the top ten - umm, wanders off to Google the UK top ten. I know 4/10.  I don't think that's bad!
7. Getting hairy ears, eyebrows, nose, face etc. - no, phew (again)!
8. Hating noisy pubs - I've always hated noisy pubs ... don't you? I always hated smoky pubs even when I smoked - how much better are they now??  I don't dislike conversation or music or sport broadcasts but let me decide!
9. Talking a lot about joints and ailments - not yet but *reaches down to put on shoes* oooof! Possibly soon! :o(
10. Forgetting people's names - who are you?

1 comment:

Tina said...

I have gotten sleepy after one glass of wine! Not all the time, but some times