Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Even, even more notes to self

Last week you made 3 co-workers cry! No, wait ... YOU can't MAKE anyone cry, it's their tear-ducts/emotions/frustration/anger that does all the work. But they cried because of things you said/they overheard you saying. Things that weren't meant to set off those feelings/emotions. It wasn't purposeful on your part. So, it's Tuesday already. No-one cried yesterday! NOTE TO SELF ... shut the hell up today it's just not worth the risk!

You presented a staff meeting yesterday. You filled the car at the petrol station on the way home. You had to go to Tesco on the way home last night. You did all those things with a big pink blotch on the cheek of your arse. NOTE TO SELF ... check chairs before you sit down today, 3 & 4 year olds don't care where they leave the playdough!

You have your mother's M&S credit card details. You know the turkey you are supposed to order. You're taking said turkey* to France in 11 days. You have to order by the 12th. That's tomorrow. NOTE TO SELF ... order the friggin turkey! That's not any turkey, that's an M&S turkey. Today!

On the nights of the 20th and 21st you are the emergency contact for the school. If anything happens you will be phoned. YOU! The police, fire brigade, the women's institute, they'll all ring you! NOTE TO SELF ... start hounding the caretaker. He's had two weeks to cut you a set of keys, he needs to show you how to use them and how to turn the alarm off. Grab him** today.

* It'll enjoy the trip!
** But wear those extra long rubber gloves and wash down with hibiscrub afterwards.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Er, won't you be in France when you're the emergency contact? How does that work - or have I got my dates muddled up. Again.
;-)
I hope you're not like me who makes notes to self only to forget them or ignore them!

Anonymous said...

You know what I do when I need to remember to do something? I put my car keys in the refrigerator. It works every time.

Where are my keys? Oh yeah, in the fridge. Why? Because I need to remember to mail my grandmother her birthday card.

See how retarded I am now?

MaR said...

Oh, France. That reminds me I should start checklist :)
M&S's Barcelona stores closed a few years ago :( but I found a couple while visiting Gran Canaria , a little shopping always does good!

Anonymous said...

lol at the playdo splodge :-)

So did you order the turkey yet??

Anonymous said...

For some reason, your post cracks me up. I saw your post and I started laughing. Anyway, about ordering the turkey and sending it to France? It's today. :D

Fizzy said...

Forget making people cry, FOregt grabbing the caretaker, Forget the playdough....

JUST ORDER THE GODDAM TURKEY!!!!

would you life be worth living if you could not get one? Would it?

Sophie said...

awww what did you say that made people cry?