Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Throwing myself on a sharp object

There's a sense of urgency that's missing, a galloping need calmed ... NaBloPoMo is over and I had nothing to say yesterday, so mercifully for t'Internet I remained quiet. Mercifully, because in real life I was just a tad narked.

Yesterday was my termly lesson observation ... it's a little like the sword of Damocles - hanging over my head until it's done and then the platitudes of the feedback make me want to throw myself onto the blade. Right in the middle of my chest. Not that I'd be allowed to bring my sword to school, so I'd be better off trying to throw myself onto the forward-thrusting, open blades of a child running with scissors!
Back to normal today ... lead me to the snotty little lovelies!

5 comments:

Sophie said...

Lesson observations are horrible aren't they, poor student teachers having to be observed every lesson!!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations for finishing the nablopomo! and year, i think those lesson observations are horrible too. you can never be your normal self when teaching. i could never wonder enough. can't they just observe more discreetly?

Fizzy said...

hate them tooooooo!
I hope thee snotty lovelies are not too snotty, there is nothing like soom little lovely sat on the front row of the carpet sneezing and the exiting bogie, hitting the white board just where you are about to write!

Do I speak from experience?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a vile experience but asides from being a tad narked, I'm glad you survived and didn't end up throwing yourself on your sword!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Wow...sounds like a really rough time! Yikes!