Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Dinner tonight - Salmon

I'm not exactly sure how far I can go - can I publish recipes on this blog, or will I be in breach of copyright? I'm sure some kind soul out there will let me know!! We'll start with my own recipes just in case

So tonight for tea we will mostly be eating "Salmon cooked in a bag!" This is an old favourite, cooked in the oven "en papilotte" - tinfoil bags in fact! Very easy recipe!

So for 2 people, you need ........
2 salmon fillets (or steaks if you prefer)
2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
couple of sprigs of fresh parsley
1/2 a lemon
salt & pepper

Make an envelope out of tinfoil, double thickness is best for each piece of salmon.
Place salmon on sliced shallots, season with salt, pepper and a squeez of lemon.
Place a sprig of fresh parsley on top of fish and seal tinfoil parcels!
Cook in a medium oven (150 / gas mark 5) for 15-20 mins.
Salmon is moist and slightly pink inside, delicious.

Going to serve it with boiled new (charlotte) potatoes and a watercress and creme fraiche sauce!

Enjoy!!

No comments: