Monday, March 28, 2005

Last paddle @ Waterbeach

So after 13 years or so my brother has left the army. I still remember the day he went in .... I hobbled along the station platform (broken ankle) to say goodbye, met an ex-boyfriend who was joining up on the same day and cried all the way home in the car! I don't know why .... as I then got months/years of fun - sending him letters on CND or Amnesty International headed paper! Eventually he asked my mother to tell me to stop .... oh well! He was sent all over the world with the army and all over the UK and I know that the past years have been hard for both of them and their boys!!

Another era ends this week, he and my sister-in-law have left army married quarters (from Tidworth, to Brompton, to Church Crookham, to Waterbeach) for the final time and are going back to Wales! They have a new house to move into in the village where we 3 (me, Andrew and Sharon) grew up! I wish them and all the children love, luck and huge amounts of happiness in their new life! Llawer o gariad a sws i chi!

p.s. I never got to paddle at the beach!

No comments: