Friday, March 11, 2005

An outfit for the wedding

Simone and I went shopping today for an outfit & shoes for the wedding - our second try (it was snowing last time!!) We knew that success was a necessity - I'm going back to work next Wednesday!!

Anyway, we headed for Lakeside and arrived without a flake of snow in sight and hit the shops! Well, the shop as there are only a handful of shops that women over a size 16 can shop in .... but thats a soap box to climb onto on another day!

I never wanted the long ivory wedding dress thing - we've been living together for 5 years & lets face it my bottom in ivory ........ oh no!! Anyway, Simone and I traipsed around Evans like lemons - not a thing in sight! I try on 6 or 7 different things - hideous! So finally I march up to the desk and say "I'm getting married in May and you have nothing!!" 40 minutes later I leave the shop with a whole outfit including shoes (fab, fab shoes!!) - so personal shopper in Evans at Lakeside, Thurrock whose name I cannot remember - thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!

No comments: