Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Mark's checklists (v. tongue in cheek Mark!!)

Mark and I were chatting on line last Sunday and he asked me to add to the checklist section of his website.

"Well I know you said you don't do / like checklists so this is why it's okay to say no.. but you are a teacher and I'm sure you have one inside you.. maybe just one checklist you can be queen of... so recently I updated alwaysme and added checklists but need someone to try it out, to create a checklist to kick it off and, well, kind of queen maintainer or something."

So, I pondered! For a little while and then thought ............

Me - so have you added a checklist yet?
Mark - nope, I figured everyone is an expert in their own area
Me - to give people an idea as to what kind of checklist it should be
Me - or what it should look like
Mark - I honestly think a teacher has the right mentality to create a super one
Me - brown-noser
Mark - what's that?
Mark - oh you think I was crawling?
Mark - noooo!

So I jumped right in there and had a go at a travel checklist
- just for my mate Mark!

And then I got an email!! Title = travelling thoughts!

I was just looking at my old checklist for traveling and thought I'd pass these thoughts, pick and mix accordingly: I had 3 lists; a 7 day list, a 3 day list, a 24 hour list.

The 7 day list had things like; change foreign currency.

The 3 day list had things like; buy water and inform credit card company (they might block international transactions as suspected fraud).

The 24 hour list had things like; charge camera + phone + mp3 player etc, lock all windows, forward phone to email.

Maybe I'm too pedantic. :-)

And at this point I have to give in I cannot be the Queen of checklists (on knees bowing a la Wayne's World) in terms of checklists "I'm not worthy!"

No comments: