Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Blog trawling - #5!

I decided that I would blog trawl todayto clear my fug and to see where I could/would/should end up! Normally I do my daily reads but today I thought I'd go a different route, counting countries as I went of course .... I did geography in university! I decided my rule would be the 5th blog and this is where I ended up ....

#5 on my favourites list - the wonderful Fizzy @ Fizzy's nuthouse - fab post @ the moment about Pandora's box ... memories, good and bad from her life stored in a metal trunk! [country #1 - England]

#5 on Fizzy's blogroll took me to Evergreen - the blog of Kerri in south east Alaska - I love people's 100 things about me lists .... Kerri's is great! She loves ice-cream, has just celebrated her anniversary, also has a husband 12 yrs older than her - maybe we should swap tips - and because of her list I now want to try a 7-11 slurpee ..... is that like a slush puppy? [country #2 - USA]

#5 on the Evergreen blogroll is Home Fires - Lois Lane's blog!!!! Wow - Superman's real wife's blog!!! Lois and the kids have just been to the local carnival - I love carnivals and really miss the one in the town where I grew up. As befits a journalist with the daily planet the writing was brilliant - evocative, I was there with her as she spoke to Elvis! Go and find out about the kids, snow cones, cotton candy and her hives! [country #2 - USA]

#5 on Home Fires took me straight to Maria @ AEWIAML - does Lois know this girl is after her husband? Maria - an Extraordinary Woman in a Mediocre Life - is on my very own blogroll, after all .... we're both from Swansea and we both love shoes!!! Plus Maria understands when I chuck words like daps, cwtch and sglodion into my posts!! [country #3 - Wales]

#5 on Maria's blogroll took me to Too Much - raunchy dreams .... don't panic, no dirty details; mind you it was then left to the imagination and my imagination is foul!!!! [country #1 - England]

And there my trawl ended, Too Much had no blogroll to follow. So, 5 blogs & 3 countries (if I cheat and count England and Wales separately and not as part of the UK) - I wonder what would have happenned if I had picked #8???

9 comments:

Lois Lane said...

Thank you for joining me at the carnival. :) And thank you for the mention!
Lois Lane

Ms Mac said...

Ooooh, you should do 8 on the 8th! Or 9 on the 9th of the 9th!

Lisa said...

Well you certainly found something to write about didn't you? What a fabulous idea you had with this one...I wish I had such initiative!

Anonymous said...

Good idea! Sort of like Blogexplosion but you don't have to wait 28 seconds if the blog is complete tosh.

Walker said...

That was a great idea.Sounds like it was a good read trip.
I guess you found a way to write a post and to be spontanious.
Have a nice day.

Fizzy said...

OOOOO that was me. LOL thank you so much for you kind words. I may try this ... when my head is awake and my body stops aching so much. lol
Have a good day

Katya Coldheart said...

this sounds fun, i might do this on a slow day...fab idea...

thankyou for your comments about my wedding snaps...hopefull i will be able to post an up to date photo soon...

:0)

mrhaney said...

what about me?

Le laquet said...

Lois - I really liked your blog "I'll be back!"

Stella - now, there's an idea!!!

Lisa - I really enjoyed it, I was gutted I hit a dead-end so soon!

Fi - exactly!

Walker - it was necessary on a slow blog day!

Fizz - but your blog is so "you" it's great!!

Katya - your photoblog is great, your photos of the wedding were lovely! Updates? Fabbo!

Mr Haney - that is only because you are not anyone's #5 .... but I love your wedding pics updated!!