Sunday, August 21, 2005

We (you and I) questionned ...... she answered!

As you might now, last week was my Mum's 60th birthday - had a great party on Saturday night and I left her with a couple of questions to ponder whilst I swanned off to the Basque coast for a couple of days! So, here are her answers - she pondered long and hard!


Mum, Dad and Simon's mother
  1. If you could be anywhere in the world at this moment, where would you be and why? On a beach in Tonga - they like big women there and I love hot hot weather, sea & sand!
  2. Looking back over your life, what was your "best age"? Why? 28-38, I was young, slim, had 2 lovely kids - who unfortunately gre up - uggh! I had a great job & both my parents were still alive!
  3. What 3 things in life could you simply not do without? Red wine, chocolate and my old man!
  4. What opportunities/chances in life (if any) do you regret not taking? Learning to speak French - I gave the subject up in year 2 at grammar school.
  5. If you could have any present for your birthday (money & fantasy no object) what would you choose for yourself? A flash 3 wheeler scooter motorbike - like a Harley made into a trike! [It should be noted she's a speed freak on the lawn mower!]

And thanks to you for your questions **

Fi - What's your opinion on all this blogging malarkey? Great if you have the imagination and time - wonderful for a nosey mother like me!


Sara Lisa - What's the first thing you noticed about Jo after giving birth to her? She had a big head and a dreadful scowl; also she didn't have a bridge to her nose to rest glasses on! [This makes me sound deformed - the situation is not that bad guys ..... I just push them up a lot/wear contacts!]

Walker - What is your opinion of how things have changed from when you were a child to the way they are today? I don't mean the political side of things just life in comparison * Everyone I knew was relatively poor, few ordinary people ate out, went on holidays or had a car. Even so all our neighbours were friends and I called them Aunty & Uncle; old people were looked after by neighbours and kids ran errands for them. Kids were happier eventhough they didn't have computers, gameboys etc - it was a safer more caring world!

Fizzy - What do you like most about living in France? The wine, food, fantastic night skys, the peace and feeling of being safe and secure. [Fizzy - they live in France's black triangel - no light pollution the night skies/stars are incredible!]

Katya - When are you starting your own blog? Never - Sorry, too lazy, too busy reading other peoples'. [She'll be on to yours' now Katya!]

Tom - Don't you wish you could just ground your daughter when she get's a little out of hand or do you have that power even now???? There have been times since she left home when I have tried to "control" her - but now she is fantastic - simply the best, so I don't need that power! [Tom, me? Out of hand?]

* Congratualtions to Walker for the question she had to think over the most!!
** Lilac = my asides!! Well I was always going to ..... wasn't I?

3 comments:

Fizzy said...

To Jo's Mum, thanks for the lovely answers. Your life in France sounds fantastic. I have loved what Jo has told us about it. I hope you had a good time.

Hello JO and hope you are having a brill time

Lisa said...

A big head huh? Bet it was a dang cute one though eh? lol What wonderful answers. Way to go Jo's Mum! :)

Walker said...

Great Answers !!!!!!!!
I can relate to much of what you said because I can remember when I was a kid we used to do things for the neighbors because they were our neighbors. It also showed respect whixch I think is laking today.
I'll have another question for you in 60 years. :D