Sunday, July 06, 2008

Unconscious mutterings #284

So, I haven't forgotten that this was all about food ... and since I left the camera at school, I googled each of the words below +food and this is what I have come up with - click here to see a slideshow of the images or on the links below. Enjoy your Sunday ;o)
I say ... and you think ... ?
Notification :: of a foodie trip to Morocco
Cheat :: a Syrian vegetable dish ... not getting the cheat bit BUT it looks lovely.
Top Ten ::
Paratha from Banana Leaf Curry House
Draft ::
what happens if you let someone else choose you food at the buffet because you're carrying the draft beer
Unbelievable ::
the tacos at Lo Mejor de Michoacan in Paso Robles
Cheap ::
Melbourne Cheap Eats Guide - Bismi ... famous for it's dosai.
Spontaneous ::
the olive stands at Uzes market ... I'd jump right in with spontaneity!!
Harass ::
street food at the Hoher Markt in Vienna ... harassed by the vendors?
Lipstick ::
lipstick-red stuffed pimiento peppers ... creative common licence in place on the photo
Transpire :: a family meal could transpire without stress, conflict, without factory farmed vegetables, without overfished fish.
Do some mutterings of your very own and let everyone know about it here!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Might Harass be a donkey stew with too much harissa?...

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss Paratha :(

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Yum, Yum, Yum, Yim...And I'm with Erma on not passing up the Dessert tray...Especially if there is Chocolate on it!
Good to see your sweet Virtual Face, Jo....Thanks for coming by, my dear.

Anonymous said...

Hhhhhm; I know I'm late, but I only just found this.

I'm afraid it's actually a vegan dish made of Syrian veggies by a weird German. Syrians, like most Arabs, don't really understand the concept of veganism, or even vegetarianism.
There are a few traditional appetizer dishes though that are vegan, and which you get laughed at for ordering as your main meal. ;)

Dunno about the "cheat" either, I suppose I used the word somewhere in my lengthy post.