Thursday, July 27, 2006

A round up

So yesterday was my first day with the keys clutched in my fist! Hurrah! Jo, our nursery nurses and I went in to clean everything down and to do some tidying. What a mess ... when we left last night that is. But we had managed to get rid of a load of shoddy old resources and furniture that we didn't want or need. And by the end of the day we had got one room completely straight, furniture & resources clean* and in place for the start of September.

I imagine it'll take another whole day to get the second room; the "noisy" room ready and ship-shape. This is the room where all the loud activities will take place. All the crash, bang, wallop and attitude! Musical instruments, discovery table, water & sand trays, painting ... do you have any idea of the the fun I'm going to have in September? He he he :o)

Early Saturday morning Simon and I are off up north for a party. Right up north, further than when I went to see Fizzy last November. And we're flying. How decadent is that? We're off to Alnwick which is where Simon's brother lives. Alnwick is also home to a castle famously used as Hogwarts ... I think it's mentioned in some kids book/films or other. It would have taken us almost 7 hours to drive up and cost £50 each way for the fuel, so we made the decision to fly. 40 minutes flying time and only £120 including car hire whilst we are there ~ bargain! And the joy of a car to visit Alnwick Castle, Holy Isle and Seahouses.

And after that ... well, I'll be back before I slope off to France - honest I will!

* Sterilised for the first time in years I would imagine :o)

8 comments:

Katya Coldheart said...

oooh i must put alnwick on my list of things to do...i love old castles and HP...

hope you have a great time, have a safe journey...

*hugs*

Fizzy said...

That is where I am going on holiday in a weeks time!!! I missed you by a week! WE are going to holy island, seahouse, alnwick etc!!!!

Warn them that Fizzy is on her way mmwahahahahahahahaha

Fizzy said...

So busy sulking cos we will miss each other that I forgot to say well done on completing one of the rooms

Bennu said...

I am so jealous, I would love to see the Hogwarts Castle.

Have a wonderful time...

Oh and you have two rooms? I am so jealous, I have but one, so it is noisy most of the time and quiet every once in a while.

Le laquet said...

See you sooooooooon!

Anonymous said...

Have a flippin' awesome holiday, Jo!

That castle is just...storybook!

craziequeen said...

Have a magical trip, Jo!

Bring back photos - lots of them!

cq

Recovery Road London said...

I loved castles as a kid. Still do. Nice pic.