Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Round-up

Back from Swansea ... great weekend BUT how wrong was I about the rain that I was bound to see being in Wales and all that - not that it didn't rain you understand, I was in Wales after all BUT it was at night.

I left work on Friday - pegged it down the M4, well tried to peg it ... driving rain (only in England), gale force winds and the M25 meant that a 230 mile drive took me 5 1/2 hours ... I have done it in just over 3 hours before now.

Arriving at my friend Marion's was lovely as I was welcomed with a big old bowl of Cawl Cennin, a glass of red TLC and a couple hours of gossip & chat. I think we eventually fell into bed at about 1am and I was out for the count in about 10 seconds flat. Saturday was a glorious day, Marion lives in a bungalow on the edge of the family farm so the views out of her window in the spring sunshine ... I'd show you BUT I forgot to take my camera with me - yeah I know, one friend has already called me a dufferdil - I probably deserve it.

So the rest of Saturday was spent in the bosom of family - all those things you miss when you're not with them all the time ... fighting, gobby teenagers / sarky little brothers (mine, not theirs) / kisses and cuddles from 2 1/2 year olds etc. We did fit in a trip down to the Mumbles where we strolled in the sunshine and ate ice-cream. What was really lovely was that there were littlies everywhere in Welsh costume, it being St David's Day and all that.

Of course after legging it back up the M25 on Sunday I had a stack of schoolwork to do - never mind at least I had Saturday off. Back down there again in April - I promise to take the camera next time.

In other news my parents arrive tomorrow evening - SHIT - I could have sworn I had a weekend to tidy-up before they came ... what do you mean I spent it swanning around in Wales??

5 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I look forward to your April trip--WITH CAMERA...(lol)....It is funny, because when you started to say how lovely it all was---I thought, "Oh Goody, pictures!"...LOL!
It sounds like you had a wonderful day on Saturday....And a Wonderful Friday night of catching up and lovely soup!
Now you have to clean your house...OY!

aqua-star said...

I just dropped by to say hello, from western Greece, with a bit of british weather today, I'm afraid.
Have a nice week.

Unknown said...

You forgot your camera and it was spring in Wales. You are a baggage of the first order!
;-)

Fizzy said...

mmm I remember you forgetting your camera in France too!
So did you get all things ship shape?
How are your aches and pains?

Anonymous said...

It's always good to go home

That Cawl Cennin sounds perfect for winter - which is just around the corner, boo-hoo!