Monday, October 22, 2007

Oooh!


samosa, originally uploaded by Laquet.


I am off to spend the day with my nursery nurse - Shisho - and one of my teaching assistants - Harpreet - and they are going to teach me how to cook samosas and mattar. I am going to try and persuade them that as we have the whole day, there's enough time to learn roti too. And then I just have to refill my masala dabba and I'm good to go - no more takeaway curries in this house. In return I will be showing Shisho how to make homemade pasta sauce. I'll be back later with lots of photos and some recipes to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for visiting my site! and a fellow belgariad/mallorean reader! it's so difficult to find that i almost give up, since everyone is a lord of the rings or eragon/eldest fan ever since the movies...

anyway, i could never make the skin of the pastry. that crispy, soft and chewy skin...i could only flirt around with bread, eggs and cheese. something which my father always says lure of the unhealthy food choices...

Unknown said...

Ooh! Samoosas - yummy-scrummy! You couldn't send some this way, could you? ;-)