Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Desktop Free View Meme

Gabrielle saw this on Rosie's blog and I stole it from her! That's right nobody tagged me - theft!

Here's what you need to do:
A. Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun. You can do a screen capture by going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key). For Macs, press shift-option-3 then look for the .png file on your desktop. Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V). If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it.


B. Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you want. You can explain why you preferred such look or why is it full of icons. Things like that.

C. Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktop as well.

D. Add your name to the list of Free Viewers below with a link pointing directly to your Desktop Free View post to promote it to succeeding participants.

The list of Free Viewers so far is:

iRonnie - I Set No Corner
Thess - Thesserie
Rebecca - Skippy Heart
Knoizki - A Dialogue With K
Beng - Kauderwelch
Tina - My Good Finds
Rachel - Heart of Rachel
Alice - Hello, My Name Is Alice
Julia - Julia's Books Corner!
Darla - Nichtszusagen
Marg - Reading Adventures
Holly - What Were you Expecting?
ames - Thrifty Reader
Dev - Good Reads
Rosie - Nobody asked me...
Gabrielle - Diary of an Adult Runaway
Jo - Chez le laquet!

And here's my desktop (click on the pic for a bigger version):

My desktop

God, it's tidy isn't it? Only 5 icons - can't be doing with icons everywhere. Someone once told me it makes the PC run slower and I don't know whether this is true or not but it has stayed with me. I don't even know why I have the Norton 360 icon there because I can access it through the tiny icon next to the clock. MiniReminder is a little bit of Freeware that remembers important dates - birthdays, anniversaries, meetings etc. and gives me a countdown to them - excellent as I am so bloody disorganised, well except for my desktop of course.
I took the photo on my free school trip to KwaZulu-Natal in October 2004. We stayed at the Oyster Box hotel in Umhlanga Rocks - fantastic, if you ever get the chance I totally recommend it! Like totally dude!* I got up very early in the morning, went down to the beach and took a series of about 50 shots of the water, sand and rocks. I particularly like this one though because of the trickles of water through the sand. The rest of them are here if you'd like to see them.
The folders are where I collect photographs - website scroll is for school photos to go on the school website that I maintain. Want to see? I'll send you a link. The frames folder is for photos to print off to put up around the house - I have some swanky new brushed aluminium frames from Ikea on the bedroom wall that I am currently filling. So there you are, that's my desktop. Much tidier than my real desktop! You so dont want to see a photo of that!

I'm am going to tag (because I haven't tagged anyone in such a long time) Fizzy, Lisa and Ms Mac** ... because I just like Gabrielle, am very nosey have a need to know! Let me know if you do it please :o)

* Where did those totallys come from? And don't even get me started on the dude!
** When the op is over and he's recovering, hope it all goes really well!

6 comments:

Fizzy said...

ACK! ACK!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the photo! And such a tidy desktop :-)

Lisa said...

I'm trying, I really am. Better you and Fizzy I don't feel I have a choice but to do this lol

I don't think I have a graphics programme, at the moment all I've managed to do is post the picture into Word *sigh*

Lisa said...

ack..."Between you and Fizzy..." BETWEEN!! Sheesh, my typing is crap tonight!

Fizzy said...

Done it!

MaR said...

Beautiful desktop!! everybody, and I mean everybody has such nice ones, it's only me (and another female blogger) with a boring Windows XP theme...