Thursday, October 13, 2005

Autumn days















..... when the grass is jewelled, like the silk inside a chestnut's shell! We've got our Infant's Harvest Festival tomorrow ~ songs and poems for doting grandparents! Collections of food for the local displaced families shelter and "school made" biscuits for the grandparents with cups of tea!

Lovely, 'cept I would rather be ^ up there .... wouldn't you? In other news, my lovely parents are paying for Simon and I to go to France during half term - I know, I know "that old devil called French dial-up again!" But a free holiday - Yahoo!!!

So, what about you - where would you rather be? Have a lovely evening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much as I love beaches and sunshine, I don't think I'd like to live somewhere like that all year around. First of all, you wouldn't appreciate it; secondly you'd miss out on all the good things about cold weather, like wrapping up in snuggly jumpers, cosying up in bed listening to the rain on the roof, and eating wonderful roast dinners!

Then spring comes and it's time to come out of hibernation :)

Walker said...

:)

Fizzy said...

I think I would love to go to France at half term. Lucky you. My In-Laws are our share to stay in a house in the Yorkshire dales over new year. Are we not lucky to have such wonderful parents

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I'd LOVE to be on that beach!