Sunday, October 16, 2005

Unconscious mutterings #141

mutter

I say ... and you think ... ?

On the verge :: of making a cup of tea (that's me right now!)
Tempestuous :: relationship
Coherent :: understandable
Near death :: experience
Illiterate :: such a shame; think of all the fabulous literature / opportunities missed!
Why not? :: "Because Y is a crooked letter and you should know better!" Apparently we drove my Nana nuts with "Why?" and "Why not?" ... we must have said it quite a lot ~ the whole crooked letter thing was her stock answer! Grrr!
Period :: one week a month of frustration, angst and agony.
Long lost :: cousin
Torrid :: affair
Nail :: biting
ending, cliffhanger

7 comments:

Lisa said...

On the verge: of despair
Tempestuous: vixen
Coherent: teetotaler
Near death: experience
Illiterate: embicile (sorry it was the first thing!)
Why not?: Because I say so
Period: victorian
Long lost: Lover from Liverpool (haha!)
Torrid: affair
Nail: me (oops sorry, it's been a while ya know?)

Lisa said...

oh yeah, that should be Long Haired Lover eh? but I swear that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw "long lost" lol

Fizzy said...

On the verge ::of loosing the plot
Tempestuous ::families
Coherent ::tripping over my tongue when I am trying to talk
Near death ::...
Illiterate :: I dunt no wot u meen
Why not? ::exactly, why not?
Period ::can't get used to a fullstop being called a period in the US... a period is something totally different
Long lost ::odd sock
Torrid ::water
Nail ::file... lost mine anyone seen it?

Anonymous said...

That Y is a crooked letter expression? My gran used to say it "Y's a crooked letter and Z's no better."

I guess we bombarded her with too many "why?"s too...and now I say it to Miss 5.0 :)

Fizzy said...

Morning Happy New Week

Fizzy said...

Thank you, Only Wednesday. So far.
Look aftr yourself.

Le laquet said...

Lisa - long haired, long lost ... who cares!

Fi - wasn't it really annoying?

Fizzy - that's better than nothing, bet you get more b4 the end of the week though!