Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Pancakes anyone?

Yesterday in school I made pancakes with 90 children ... yeh I know I'm deranged but someone has got to do it! But why? I hear you ask ... well today we are going to write a recount of the whole pancake making process ~ one of the things I don't like about school is that these things are never just for fun ... but I digress! So, there was me, at the front, 3 lots of pancake batter, 45 tossed pancakes and all the others had to do was take photos for us to sequence today!

Yeh right!

Guess what I did last night?

6 comments:

Fizzy said...

Good Morning. Don't you just love the SATs Recount!

I had to cook pancakes on one of my Teaching Practices - it is not the easiest thing to do when all the the other staff go off for a chat!!!

I take it the pictures did not work out. I have never heard of putting butter in pancakes before.

Cheryl said...

The scariest bit was the screen that said 'You have seen all the photos, do you want to start again?'

Wow - what a lot of work. Heres hoping you can at least keep the out of hours stuff for next year's class.

Katya Coldheart said...

my first pancake always comes out perfect, the others are normally a disaster...i love the slide show, made me hungry though...

:0)

Lisa said...

Al and I are still waiting on our pancakes care of P. He used the excuse that he didn't have the ingredients, so once we got finished with shopping last Friday night, we turned up at his house with all the flour, sugar, eggs etc. Now all we need is to feel like leaving the house at breakfast time in the cold and rain to benefit. The weather is saving him the hassle so far. lol

Kim said...

I'll take two pancakes! Thanks for asking! :-)

Tamara said...

That is so cool! Love the video! How creative!!!
I'm trying to DIET! That's got me wanting a pancake smothered in butter and syrup soooo bad.