Friday, June 16, 2006

Feasting on Friday

Appetizer
What is a word that you use that would not be considered common? "Now then lovely boys!"* Actually it's not that I say "now then lovely boys," it's that I use lots of little snippets of Welsh and Wenglish throughout my speech ~ just like last weeks cwtch. They're quite often swear / exclamation words or those purtaining to food! Just like "fancy some sglods** Si?"

Soup
What theme of calendar do you have on your wall this year?
I have a New Zealand calendar on my wall, it was a present from the lovely
Fi. It came with a matching downloadable screensaver, I look at it and sigh dreamily!

Salad
Name 3 people you speak with by telephone a regular basis.
Mum, Kev and Simone. I don't speak to Ruth half as often as I should BUT we are having breakfast together on Sunday!

Main Course
If you could buy a new outfit for someone you know - who would it be and what would you purchase for them?
Simon so needs some new jeans, blue levi, button flies that he wont be allowed to iron!! For goodness sake, who irons jeans?

Dessert
What is the last beverage you drank?
Drinking a very nice cup of tea made by my darling husband as I type this one handed!

*Actually my brother being ex-army is much more
Windsor Davies than me!
** Sglods ~ from pysgod a sglodion , Welsh for fish and chips.

4 comments:

Pioneer Woman said...

This was a fun read!

Fizzy said...

(guess who has got her laptop back :) )

I love your feast. I have just bought Hubby a new oiutfit for the summer in an attempt to smarten him up.

Ms Mac said...

Not me mate! I never iron jeans!!

Anonymous said...

Iron? What is an "iron"?

My gran used to iron flannels and teatowels. I could never understand it!