Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Here and now meme

Currently reading? :: Chris Manby's Ready or Not ... it's ok, not as good as her others but it's taking my mind of glitter and nativities!

Next book to read? :: I don't have one on my list at the moment, anyone got any recommendations? Other than a dictionary so I can spell recommendations first time without having to sound it out!

Last film seen? ::
HP and the Goblet of Fire, not my favourite book but I thought the film was a fab version of it! Excellent under water scenes .... @ 12A in the UK, I didn't think it was suitable for littlies!

Next film to see? :: I want to see
King Kong.

Yesterday’s dinner? :: Homemade spicy fish cakes with mushy peas ~ I'll be pleasant to be around today! [I always add a tsp each of malt vinegar and mint jelly to mine just before serving.]

Today’s dinner? :: Umm, poker tonight so probably just munchies alongside the cards!

Tomorrow’s dinner? :: Spaghetti bolognaise prepare by the lovely Simon whilst I'm at my governing body meeting.

Most recent purchase? :: Christmas is coming so I've been trying to get bits and pieces sorted out but I'm failing miserably as usual. Bought my dad a shirt from the Cotton Traders shop on Sunday, so there's just another 15 presents or so to buy as he's the only one I've managed!

What is in your diary for the next few days? :: It's a funny (peculiar not ha ha ha!), long old week in work ~ Christmas week in a primary school, can't you remember it? We're making cards, decorations, stained glass windows and calendars. We're performing our Christmas nativity 3 times (twice today, once tomorrow); then there's poker tonight, Christmas lunch and governor's meeting on Wednesday, party on Thursday complete with visit from the big man himself and finally on Friday the salvation army are coming in to give a carol concert ... it's a tradition on the last day of term. We have to put the nursery children right at the back as the brass instruments are too loud and it makes them cry.


We also have a teacher who I know I cannot let myself make eye contact with or be anywhere near once the Sally Army starts! The ladies who come along with them have tambourines / timbrels with ribbons attached that they bang and shake and fling around in the air. The kids love it and I think .... it's lovely for the children! So a couple of years ago, they're chucking their timbrels (see above but imagine uniforms) around and shaking the ribbons and said teacher Andy, creeps up behind me and whispers in my ear "yeh, that's fine, but I bet she can't keep the tassles on her nipples going in the same direction at the same time!" Since then, he justs stands across the hall from me and smirks and I loose it and have to take my dirty minded laughter elsewhere or have a pretend coughing fit.

What about you? Go on pick a question, any question, one from above to answer or another here and now one to ask!

12 comments:

Fizzy said...

Morning :) A good list. I have become addicted to Dan Brown Books. I am loving them.

Last week of Christmas term *evil laugh* Iam not working this week (so far... )I can just imagine being called in to crowd control at a party with kid I do not know. OR being called into take all the trimmings and displays dwon for the end of term.... OMG I am shaking in boots with worry.

Walker said...

I am supposed to be seeing King Kong this week some time with a friend who hasnt been in a theater in 25 years. It should be interesting.
I have beed reading the Odyssey by Homer and the Illiad is next. I am going to buy Terry Prachette latest "Thud " before I leave to share with Lisa
This should answer a couple of question.
Oh I watched the Fantastic 4 and Mr and Mrs Smith yesterday

Le laquet said...

Fizzy ~ Dan Brown books ~ fab, don't know what I think of the thought of Tom Hanks as the hero in the upcoming movie though!?!

Walker ~ I haven't read any Homer since I went to Cephalonia and Ithaca about 15 years ago, I might need to re-read! How was Mr & Mrs Smith?

Anonymous said...

Currently reading Jane Green's Life Swap and it's pretty ho-hum. Have you read any of her books? The earlier ones, particularly Jemima J were great.

Next read: Lisa Jewell's Vince and Joy.. She's my favourite chick-lit author and even though I had to order it all the way from the UK I know it'll be worth every cent :)

I'm making the most of it over the summer - it's back to the likes of "Women in Victorian Literature" and "19th American Poets" come March, huzzah!

Katya Coldheart said...

ooh i want to see King Kong too, that and Narnia...although the reviews for Narnia say its a bit rubbish...i've seen the trailer for KK and it looks excellent though, hopefully i'll be able to see it at the cinema, i think the big screen will do it justice...

Rainypete said...

I so want to see King Kong. He gives me hope that I too may one day be an actor too!

Le laquet said...

Fi ~ I loved Jemima J and Spellbound, I'm going to take a look at Lucy Jewell!

Magpie ~ shame, I thought Narnia looked promising.

Pete ~ we'll come and see your first movie ... you'll act that great big ape right off the screen!

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

Just gotta say sis.. lovin the new look ;)

and thank the lord, the content hasnt suffered...youre clever AND beautiful :D

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Le laquet said...

Aww *blushes* thankyou! Any luck with the shoes?

Katya Coldheart said...

did you get my parcel yet...???

Walker said...

It was interestingly funny. They make quite the demolission crew.
A couple you dont invite over for dinner LOL
Love the new look on your blog :)

Fizzy said...

Morning,only one more day after today?