Saturday, December 31, 2005

My best post ever, gone for good!

Yeh I know I'm always complaing about Wanadoo dial-up but I've just lost a huge post about my holiday complete with pictures that I had finally* managed to upload ... gone for good ... and it might have been my best ever post ever ever! Grrr! Only might mind**! It was full of intrigue, blood, guts and glory ... well ice, snow, French plumber's birthday celebrations and blocked drains ~ I promise to do my best to recreate it as soon as I get back to the deliciousness of my very own Broadband!

* after much grunting, swearing (in a large variety of European languages), kicking and screaming
** there's Welsh for you!

Anyways to change the subject completely I just wanted to say to all of you, just in case I don't get the chance to do hand to hand combat with french dial-up + Blogger again today ...

... here's to much love, health and happiness throughout 2006! Wherever you are, whenever and with whomever you are celebrating I wish you a very Happy New Year! Joyeuse fĂȘtes! Ac un Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i bob!
Love and best wishes ~ Jo xx

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

You too!
Wishing you a brilliant, hopeful, humanitarian New Year and may everyone you meet have a big heart and not a small mind :-)

Doris said...

Ain't it always the way .... the bestest posts get away!

And you too ..... and may it be an extra special and wonderful year ahead :-)

Steve said...

I just wanted to post to say May 2006 be all that you would wish it to be, I am posting this post on all the blogs I read regularly ( for regularly read obsessively) because I don’t leave comments half as often as I should, but I want to say thanks to all the bloggers that have allowed me to observe part of their life without phoning the police about a stalker, keep on blogging!

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Happy New Year, Jo!

Ms Mac said...

Happy New Year Jo! All the very best for 2006! xxx

ps. Love the new look!

Cool Dad said...

Happy New Year, Jo. I am still working on the Welsh translations, but thank you for your support and friendship.

Rainypete said...

Maybe they should rename it from Wanadoo to twpsyn?

Best post ever.....suuuuuure it was..How are we to ever know? I like that idea, I'm off to do an entry.;)

Happy New Year to you.

Lisa said...

And a Happy and Fabulous New Year to you too Jo!

Don't you just wanna screech really loudly when blogger does that to you?? I know I do lol

Hope you're having a terrific holiday in France (cow lol) and you hurry home to us and broadband real soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) New Years, Jo! Thank you for sharing with us over 2005 and I look forward to much more in '06 :)

It's stinkin' hot here in EnZed - camping, sunburn, beaches, my mother's hamster driven PC with snail-paced dial up etc, etc!

Have an awesome holiday and I'll check in with you when we both have lovely broadband.

Walker said...

I hate loosing any post but the big ones hurt the most and that's why I use word and just save it there and either =cut and pasr to blogger or use the new blogger tool bar.
Happy New Year Jo
Kali Hronia

Le laquet said...

Cheryl ~ here's to big hearts everywhere!

Doris ~ I know, I was gutted!

Steve ~ now who's to say I haven't actually phoned the police? Eh? Thanks for you obsessive streak and a Happy New Year to you!

Deb ~ :o)

Le laquet said...

ms. mac ~ welcome back Stella and thanks! So glad you enjoyed your holiday!

Your majesty ~ you're so very welcome ... I'm still waiting for my pay cheque as minister though! And reading his comment you should be talking to the not so twpsyn rainypete about the whole Welsh thing!

pedrglaw (rainypete) ~ da iawn! Welsh at this time of the morning!

Le laquet said...

Lisa ~ back to fab broadband! *Sighs dreamily*

Fi ~ sounds wonderful, enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Walker ~ such a good idea, but the PC is steam driven too and Word takes soooooooo long! She needs a new laptop (I feel a 70th birthday present to my father coming on!!)

Thanks all for calling by ... hope I've not left anyone out!

Fizzy said...

Happy New Year
I am home when are you? Hope that you get snowed in and can not travel...you know what I mean I hope.

Can not wait to see the pics and the hear your stories.
XX FIZZ XX