Thursday, December 08, 2005

Random Jo facts

Tagged by Fi... 5 random facts about me ... here goes. Wait ~ I couldn't finish my second 100 things, so there's no way I can manage 5 random facts. So this is 5 random facts about me / yesterday / things that happened to me yesterday!

Random fact #1 ~ I get woken up most mornings by pins and needles in my hands ... the beginnings of carple tunnel syndrome? No, I sleep with my hand pinned under my head/pillow.

Random fact #2 ~ I still get excited when the postman brings me letters in the name Langthorne *blushes* I'm not going to get soppy here honest! Yesterday I had 3 lovely letters ... a Christmas card all the way from Ontario, a gorgeous calendar from NZ which makes me want to go and visit all the more and a tax rebate of £54 ~ hurrah! So thanks you and un grand merci bien to you and thanks Mr Taxman!

Random fact #3 ~ I hate driving at night, especially in any king of modidifed road set up. Last night I got to have dinner with Kev as he was assessing a pub in Faversham ... just down the road and this was a fab excuse to get together. We went to one of my favourite pubs ... I'll take you there when you come to visit ... a little chunk of "quintessentially English" with fab beer (if you're not driving home!) The drive back was a killer as the A2 / M2 is currently cone city and also has a huge stretch of that high cement road edging. Whenever I am driving at night I can feel the car edging towards it and the concentration invloved with avoiding it gives me a headache ~ last night by the time I eventually got back here I was knackered with stiff shoulders and a horrible headache ... but dinner was fab!

Random fact #4 ~ [it should be noted I'm struggling with 2 to go] umm, wait, I know ... actually this might gross some of you out ~ lol! I don't believe that certain food can / should only be eaten at certain times, for example my mother thinks that you should only eat breakfast food at breakfast time ... I however eat sushi, tamago or sashimi for breakfast each morning. She shakes her head and looks at me pityingly and then leaves the room as she says I gross her out! I had tamago and California rolls yesterday morning.

Random fact #5 ~ a bit of a cop-out, but very random this final one. I have a ganglion smack in the middle of the cheek of my bum ~ my doctor suggests I hit it every day with a large book to get rid of it (she asked if I have something really heavy ... I neglected to mention we own one of these that weighs a ton) ... strangely, Simon has offered to help!

Right off to get ready for school ... please feel free to help yourself to this ~ have a great Thursday or Friday if you're nearly there!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the calendar made it across the other side of the world!

The novel I'm reading at the moment had a girl "fetching tamago from Waitrose" in it today, and I thought to myself, huh, what is tamago? Now I know.

When I (one day, *sniff*) return to the UK, I fully expect a visit to your fav pub, it goes without saying!

And re: the ganglion? Strange, yet kinky...

Le laquet said...

Fi ~ Tamago is a delicious Japanese omelette-y thing! The Rose and Crown ~ come in the summer, their beer garden is gorgeous and often wins one of the "best pub garden in Britain" awards. And the ganglion ~ strange yet kinky? Thanks mate, I knew t'Internet would understand!!

Fizzy said...

OK this was not here this morning.
#1- I do that and get that
#2- Awwwwwwwww. I like receiving any post that does not involve junk and bills.
#3- Awoman after my own heart. Good Food, Good Pub, Good Beer.
#4- That I don't get.. well the sushi... I do eat wierd things for breakfast though.
#5- I did not need to know that.. *walks away shaking head*

Good post... I may do this too .. it will make a change from posts that show me loosing the plot!

Katya Coldheart said...

i get pins and needles too, i rest my hands on my boobs and because they are so high up the blood must drain out of my hands...lol

yay on the tax rebate, and i emailed you to let you know I sent your parcel today so look out for it in the next day or so...

:0)

Le laquet said...

Fizzy and Magpie ~ see girls I'm so glad it's not only me getting th pins and needles ... interesting idea about the altitude causing the pins and needles Magpie!!

Fizzy ~ #5 lolololol!! Sorry :o)

Fizzy said...

What got you eating the sushi for breakfast? There must be a post in that