Thursday, December 15, 2005

Yawn!

Wow, I'm tired. It's Thursday and I'm awake and I officially only have 1 more get-up to do before the end of term ... HURRAH! Today is making hats and wearing them to the Christmas party day and Santa is coming along and bringing the class a present!

not very exciting but vaguely educational


I know jigsaws are not very exciting and that most of the boys in the class want games for a playstation BUT I wanted something that would be vaguely useful in an educational way. This started off a whole discussion in the staff room about the toys we had as children.

I had the other one too!

I distinctly remember the Christmas that I received both Tiny Tears and Teeny Tiny Tears which according to Karen made me well off as her parents could afford one or the other. It looks like I was officially spoilt :o( My brother always said I was a brat and it looks like I was ... however, seeing as it came from him, I still don't believe a word of it deep down where it should count.

And he had the cheek to call me a brat!!

The same year as Tiny Tears and her sister came along he got the At At Walker from the Empire Strike Back ... it was the boy's toy of the year and a nightmare to get hold of. People queued around the corner outside toy stores and there were fist fights over the boxes in the Debenham's toy department where we lived in Swansea. Luckily my Mum's Aunty Mabel worked in said department and Mum got the last one available! And he calls me a brat!

So, Question of the day ... in an Indigo kind of way ... as a child, what's the most memorable present you ever received?

8 comments:

Katya Coldheart said...

i was always happy to get lego, i was such a tomboy...i had a whole town laid out under my bed, i still wish I had it now...

and colouring books, i could sit down now with a colouring book and a tub of felt tips and be quite content...

how sad am i...lol

and glad the parcel arrived, i sent it first class ages ago...let me know if I forgot a card, i was in another world when wrapping some of them...

:0)

Fizzy said...

I am not good at remembering my presants. I loved books and I always got books. I do remember dolls but not in a Christmassy way. I got a dressing gown, a ladybird one with ladybirds as buttons. I still have two of those buttons some where.

Happy partying

Rainypete said...

Runing with the Star Wars thing, I got a 12" tall Boba Fett with a scope in the eye you could look through. Pure bliss.

Fizzy said...

it is school kikcing out time.. how many members of staff are still standing? how many have had break downs and who has those ducks?lol
was that a call for supply tomorrow?

Lisa said...

I'm sitting here trying to think of a particular christmas present that sticks out in my mind from my childhood. I can't think of anything in particular...do you think that could mean I didn't get any?? lol

Everytime I came up with something, I'd then think, "no, I think that was a birthday pressie".

Thinking at this time of year is not a good thing obviously lol

Anonymous said...

My Uncle gave me a cheapy camera when I was 13. Despite being cheap it took great pictures and I have lots of photos of high school friends pulling silly faces to remind me of it!

Another prezzie memory is of getting Doodle Art. I was addicted to colouring-in.

Anonymous said...

My most memorable xmas gift was a 12" model dalek, with wheels that could send him along on a smooth surface (not on carpet, how useless is that?) nevertheless he gave me absolute joy. Until, that is, my younger brother managed to break both his arms and eye later on xmas day. He's still a bit of a twat and still manages to upset things at xmastime

Le laquet said...

Anon aka Kev ~ yes he's still a twat and he doesn't deserve you BUT his turn for a "comeuppance" will come! Love you and your broadband xxxx