Saturday, November 04, 2006

Alphabetically speaking A to H (leaving the rest for tomorrow)

A ~ I've been awake a while ... a long while. Since about 1.40 in fact when Simon dived out of bed because my mobile phone was bleeping! Not a chance of me going back to sleep after that :o( I feel an afternoon nap coming on already!

B ~ Bonfire night ... love it, the smell of woodsmoke and burning tyres. Like our local yoofs need any encouragement!?!

C ~ Had an amazing takeaway last night, from a great curry place around the corner. Lemon rice and tarka dahl with yoghurt and saag aloo. Could have aided the insomnia last night actually :o)

D ~ Bought Dad's Christmas present ... of course I can't tell you what it is, he might be a reader. I have given it to Santa to pack and deliver.

E ~ Evil @ Evans ... I was shoe shopping the other night when I witnessed the most hateful act towards a child you could imagine. A family (young mother, grandmother, teenager, toddler and mum's friend) were shopping in Evans. Whilst everyone ran around trying clothes the wee tot ... she was probably 3, maybe 3 and 1/2 ... was running around kissing herself in the mirrors. Lovely! You know the kind of thing ~ look what I can see in that mirror! Isn't she gorgeous? Mwah! All this time Grandma was pursuing her.

Then suddenly when she came within arms length of Grandma, she (the wizened old hag!)grabbed the bundle of gorgeousness and pulled her back to her side .... by her hair!!! Needless to say she was non-English speaking because if she did she'd have had the edge of my tongue! But her English speaking mother got it anyway. She's bloody lucky I didn't call the police. Bluewater have their own Bobbies on patrol you know!

F ~ Booked our ferry to go to France for Christmas. Don't panic Lisa, I'm going to tell the Post Office to hold on to any deliveries if the stray bear hasn't arrived by then!

G ~ As of yesterday, I've got a gynecologist's appointment next month! Oh goody ... the fun just keeps on rolling in!!!!!!!

H ~ Home at last!! Just been to Tesco's ... nightmare! The day before Bonfire night in the sausage aisle is at least as bad as the turkey aisle on the day before the day before Christmas Eve!! But I just made it home before my parking spot was pinched by a football supporter on his way up the road to a home match at the Priestfield ~ so H is for Hurrah too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the next installment.
Never heard of Tarka dahl- I know what dahl is of course. Is tarka and otter? (joke)
Evil @ Evans boy that is so cruel. absoluely cruel.Godd for you for speaking up
Fireworks going off as we speak. The kids went to our council bonfire last night -Hubby took them I did not go as I had just got warm!