Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday evening

I have just gotten in and I have to tell you that my heart is beating nineteen to the dozen!! As I came through the Medway tunnel tonight on the way home from poker I saw blue lights flashing behind me ... always unsettling, I think of the poor someone they're going to. Whethter its an accident, the victim of a burglary ... whatever :o(



So, I slow down and keep to the left on the dual carriageway. At this point I still have no idea whther this is an ambulance or the police and I immeadiately start worrying about the state of my car. I knew I didn't have to worry about drink driving! My poker partners will attest to the fact that I had a glass of water, a cup of tea, 6 or 7 breadsticks, 1 Mr Kipling's French fancy and a tonne of Bombay mix ... gin swilling poker players we are not! But I still don't like the fact that this police car is behind me!

And then he signals in with his indicators!!!!!!!! Bugger! What does he want? Was I speeding? Do I have a bald tyre? Bugger! So I pull in and ........... he screams passed me! Cheeky bugger! Ambulance driver just wanted me out of the way so he could do an illegal u-turn in the middle of the road.

And to top it all ... £7.00 down! So, tell us PP, who won all the money? Right sleep well everyone, me and my ongoing headache are off to bed :o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But! do I have to talk/enter? I have told you before, I am too shy???!!!

You know yourself, some won, some lost but at the end of the day we are all winners. How cheesey?

Remember, there are no friends or family in poker and yes I won.............a massive £190, oops, silly me, I left out the decimal point, I meant £1.90.

I think that I need an alter ego and then maybe I would be more fluent rather than coping out using the anonymous all of the time. But can't you see why I would want to stay all safe in the secure world of secrecy? Do people really want to know what I have to say? Well, I suppose my name is out there now.

Sleep tight x x x

Le laquet said...

No my lovely one you can stay anonymous! £1.90 ... wow! What'll you buy?

Anonymous said...

I had to keep reading, wondering what the pic of the French fancies was all about!

I hope you have now made a full recovery from your ordeal my friend!

(PS Why do they call them "French fancies", I wonder? What so French about them?)

craziequeen said...

If they're gonna pull you in, they usually flag you down from in front.

But, yes, my blood chills when I see the blue and red flashing lights behind my car - especially considering my bumper stickers! [bg]

cq

Lisa said...

1 pound 90 huh? (sorry no pound sign on my keyboard). And the sarcasm of Jo saying "Wow! what'll you buy?" ? lol well it'll certainly be more than Jo, seeing as she's down 7 pounds lol. I think that's the most I've ever seen you lose at poker (or the most you've ever reported to us anyway!)

And flashing lights in the rear vision mirror always give me the same reaction...pounding heart, a little breathless, panic that I may have done something wrong...I think it's a natural reaction for most lol

Hope you had a good sleep :)

Anonymous said...

*daring to ask*
Do you actually ever win?

I would have been scared too.
Anonymouse stay anonymouse, then you do not have to sign in all the time!
now then ...just clear this up, you only had ONE french fancy? that wasn't a typo? Boy your good!
Me? 1...box
Love 'em, not had 'em in years.... really neeeeeeeeeeeeeed one now!
Your fault!