Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday, Monday!

I wish I could have taken a photo out of my window (damn the little sod who took my camera), it would have looked a lot worse than this!

Monday, start of the working week. Staff meeting day!

Did you know that Monday, gets its name from the Moon, which in turn gets its name from Mani, the Germanic Moon god. Similarly, the Italian name (lunedi), the French name (lundi) and the Spanish name (lunes) come from the Latin name for the moon, Luna.

Monday's child is fair of face or so they say!

However, this Thursday's child is not happy about having to go out on a long journey to work when on this Monday morning it's still pitch black and blowing a hoolie out there! *wanders off to look for scarf and gloves for the day's expedition*

5 comments:

MaR said...

No, I didn't know that!
You are in turn very, very clever :)
You are right about Manila and it's all on my blog today !

Ms Mac said...

I am Wednesday's child which means I am full of woe. It's true, I cry at the drop of a hat, and there was me thinking I just had extraordinarily high levels of oestrogen.

Anonymous said...

You, my dear, have a chronic case of Mondayitis.

Fortunately Friday afternoons cure this affliction eventually :)

Anonymous said...

Today's weather was certainly blustery. All the teaching staff at school have stooped to laughing at the teacher "lucky" enough to do playground duty

Memphis said...

Sorry to hear about the blowing hoolie out there. Although I'm not sure what that means.