Sunday, September 25, 2005

Doctor, doctor!

So last Monday I went for my visit to the doctor after last week's dodgy Friday afternoon girly oojy-ma-flip fainting episode in the bathroom. She wasn't surprised to see me having had a letter from the hospital about me and we settled down for a little chat. She checked my pulse spoke about my needing blood tests à la hospital letter and then .... took my blood pressure ~ YIKES! "Mmm" she says "that's a little high!" "No shit Sherlock" thinks I! "Come back in a fortnight so we can check it again, the BMA decrees you should have 3 high blood pressure readings in a row before I can give you medication!" I don't want blood pressure medication this is a for a lifetime thing start now, never come off it! SO .. then she looks at my ankles and needless to say I now have medication - not blood pressure meds yet but low dose diuretics. LOW DOSE? These are LOW DOSE? ~ Good grief, if peeing was a national sport I could represent GB @ the next Olympics - as long as there are plenty of public loos around the stadium!

I think my blood pressure would come down much better if I was allowed to go away and do some more watercolour painting! Here's another one that I did during the summer for you to see!!


I want to go away and do more of these!

2 comments:

Fizzy said...

OOOo poor you. I hope the BP comes down soon. I hadn't the post about your fainting "do" sorry somehow or other I missed it. I had swollen ankles and went to the docs she gave me diruetics... OMG I symphathise with you totally. Suddenly you have to plan all trips to include loo stops. I think you need to go back to France, love your Piccy

Ms Mac said...

The BP will come down with medication but you don't have to be on it for life. Lose a bit of weight and you too can go down onto a half dose like me and then perhaps with some more, off it all together like my lovely mother-in-law!!!