Sunday, September 11, 2005

Unconscious mutterings #136

mutter

I say ... and you think ... ?

Related :: family .... eventhough I sometimes wish 1 of them (don't panic Mum I mean Andrew!) wasn't!! Little brothers eh! Who'd have them?
Soothing :: music, not dolphins, whales and rainforest sounds - they always make me want to pee! It's just that I cannot imagine life without music - @ home, in the car, whilst I'm teaching ~ everywhere!
Flashback :: acid
Turmoil :: confrontation, I hate confrontation of any kind. Mainly because I am really crap at it! I wish I was one of those hard-as-nails girlies who could do a "hard stoney stare" and put my points across in a "cold, controlled voice" - I WISH!! I start crying even when I really, really don't want to and my voice wobbles and it's pathetic! So I usually walk away ~ my friend Ruth says "write it down" - I can do written confrontations REALLY WELL!
Immense :: huge
Guitar :: John Williams, he played last night @ the proms; I was channel hopping and he was fantastic .... I wish I could find a site with clips of his music OR even better get Walker or Fizzy to explain to me how to get him playing on my blog!!
Nonsense :: verse
Blame :: Blame it on the weatherman! Mortified that this is the first thing that came to mind!! Good grief B-Witched!! All that denim. All that wholesome Irishness - I play poker every Tuesday with 3 Irish girls and they're more likely to be swigging Shiraz and taking my money than being wholesome!
Childlike :: innocence
Duff :: Up the duff! This is an English idiom ~ meaning pregnant ~ I don't know where it comes from ..... anyone know any good "this is where this idiom comes from" websites? *UPDATE* - found one.

7 comments:

Olyal said...

Howdy! I'm just stopping by from michele's. Hope you are having a great weekend!!!

-E said...

Fun thoughts, thanks for sharing! Hope the weekend treated you well.

Michele sent me.

Fizzy said...

Related:After the wedding mmmmmm "am I really related to them?"

Soothing:Comforting

Flashback:Did I actually say that??? noooooooo I didn't

Turmoil:My mind lol (although I am with you on your answer that is me to a tee)

Immense:amounts of chocolate .. Bad Fizzy Bad Fizzy

Guitar:I needto brush up on my guitar skills as it is on my CV (e-mail on it's way)

Nonsense:"Mum my room is tidy" HA never believe it until it has been inspected

Blame: My son blames his sister, my duaghter blames her brother as for my Hubby ... it is always my fault.... it must be lovely to be blameless lol

Duff:Up the duff, or there is a "Plum Duff" i think is it a big suet pudding, like spotted dick?

Cheryl said...

Love your answers - especially turmoil. Found out today that 'being in a tiswas' stems from the name of four pronged nails bent so that however you threw them, one spike was up. They were put down to stall invading cavalry by setting the poor horses into turmoil.

Le laquet said...

Fizzy - Immense :: amounts of chocolate .. Bad Fizzy Bad Fizzy NO!!! Bloody excellent Fizzy! Can I have some please?

Le laquet said...

Cheryl - see, call me strange (many do) but I love finding out things like that!!

Lisa said...

Related: links
Soothing: after-sun antiseptic cream
Flashback: pass
Turmoil: inner
Immense: relief
Guitair: Eric Clapton
Nonsense: Poppy-cock
Blame: it on the Bosa Nova
childlike: innocence
Duff: Up the duff (that's exactly what I thought when I saw that word...and I don't any explanation lol)