Saturday, September 17, 2005

Good things come in 3s

3 names I've gone by

  1. Jo - since day one by my Mum but in school I was always Joanne until a wonderful supply geography teacher in comprehensive school called me Jo at 14 and then everyone else did to!
  2. Joanne, if I'm really in trouble with my mother!
  3. Tuppence - by my father .... who knows why? He also calls my brother (Andrew) Fred!

3 screen names I've had so far

  1. Carys_uk on Yahoo! Where I met Simon.
  2. Le laquet - right here!
  3. ........ just the 2 so far!

3 physical things I like about myself

  1. Eyes - hazel/green
  2. I have nice teeth
  3. We could do the whole bosom and cleavage thing à la HNT chez Miss Coldheart (who isn't at all!)

3 physical things I don't like about myself

  1. My hair - there is SO much of it and my god it hates any kind of moisture, curls galore! And it gets EVERYWHERE!
  2. My rear end .... did you ever hear National Express by The Divine Comedy - "But it’s hard to get by when your arse is the size, Of a small country, And everybody sings ba ba ba da..." Well maybe it's not as big as Andorra but I'm never going to be able to ignore it!
  3. My big toes, if I ever wanted to wear those sandals * that your big-toe peeps out of I can't because my big toes aren't long enough!

3 parts of my heritage

  1. Welsh
  2. Irish
  3. Devonian

3 things I am wearing right now

  1. PJs - grey and red
  2. Glasses - too early for my contacts
  3. Wedding ring & ear-rings

3 favourite bands/musical artists - Such a hard one to answer, just 3? They change so much, so I will say that currently I am really enjoying -
  1. Trisha Yearwood
  2. Counting Crows
  3. Aerosmith - because I can ALWAYS listen to Steven Tyler

3 things I want in a relationship

  1. Honesty
  2. Laughter
  3. And more honesty - everything else needs to come with that! Lovers, friends or family - I want honesty in all relationships.

3 things - 2 truths and a lie

  1. I am left-handed
  2. I used to paint maps for a living
  3. I eat my steak blue - dripping with blood.

3 things about the preferred sex that appeal to me

  1. Strong hands, with clean but not fussy nails ... I don't know why? Usually first thing I notice!
  2. I like tall men
  3. Voice - dark chocolatey voices!

3 favourite hobbies

  1. Reading
  2. Travelling
  3. And of course ... blogging it all!

3 things I want to do badly right now
  1. Go back to bed
  2. Have a cup of tea brought up to me
  3. Be able to go away for the whole weekend because I didn't have any school work (prep, marking etc) to do!

3 things that scare me

  1. Spiders
  2. Enclosed spaces - tunnels, caves
  3. Cobwebs or any kind of hanging dust - like in haunted houses

3 of my everyday essentials

  1. A phone-call to my mum
  2. Music
  3. Simon

3 careers that I have considered/am considering

  1. Royal Navy - until I asked a career's officer why women couldn't go to sea ... and he told me they could when they got their own navy ... I left at that point! I was later hauled over the coals by my head of year (I was 15) for being rude - I don't think my mother knows this ... yet!
  2. Seismologist - I had an offer of a place @ uni to study geography / geology and then I discovered men during my "A" level year!
  3. Teaching in France ... I am going to send applications for the next academic year! International schools in Pau, Toulouse, Bordeaux ... attention, je viens!

3 places I want to go on vacation

  1. San Francisco
  2. Back to Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa
  3. New Zealand - you should see the adverts they're showing on the telly in the UK at the moment.

3 things I want to do before I die

  1. Have a baby.
  2. Wear size 12 (UK) button fly faded Levis.
  3. Paint watercolours successfully

3 ways I am stereotypically a boy

  1. I can burp out loud at will - great big lumber-jackers!
  2. I read on the loo - well, it's what the boys in my family do!
  3. Umm ... this is hard, I shall ask my nearest and dearest and get back to you! [My mother will probably say that I swear like a boy but it should be noted that neither my dad or Simon swear!]

3 ways I am stereotypically a girl

  1. I like lilac ... and spangly silver! You should see my toe nails right now!
  2. I cry at the drop of a hat at "certain times of the month!" Show me a loo-roll ** commercial and I can weep!
  3. I wouldn't even try to change a flat tyre - that's what the AA are for ... I have to think of my manicure!

3 celeb crushes

  1. Hugh Jackman
  2. Eddie Izzard ... in high heels!
  3. Any of the lads from CSI

3 people I want to piss off by tagging them for a meme

  1. Nah, you're all alright ... if you want it you have it!

* It's ok, because I don't want to wear them ... I'm more of a Birkenstock or Kangaroos kinda girl!

** You can download your very own Andrex puppy here and play games here!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, that was a bloody fabulous list! I loved reading it. Had to laugh and feel all warm and fuzzy with admiration about the Navy thing though. How dare he?! I'm hoping the lie was the blue steak, bleech. They're showing great ads on telly about NZ? Cool, come on over, I'd love to have you here! And I know what you mean about your hair getting everywhere...mine's like that too, pfft.

Katya Coldheart said...

i loved reading that too, i don't get the eddie izzard thing, but hubba hubba to all the guys at CSI...lol

and somehow i don't think my arse will be making an appearance on HNT, i don't think my camera zooms out THAT far...lol

have a great weekend...

:0)

Ms Mac said...

I nearlywent into the Navy... riht up until they told me to lose a stone. I gave up there and then!

I want you to have a baby before I die too... imagine being a bloggy auntie!!!

Ms Mac said...

Oh oh! And for you to come to France!!

Le laquet said...

Lisa - I really enjoyed doing it! And the NZ TV ads are incredible ... http://www.newzealand.com/

Katya - I know we've had the Eddie Izzard conversation before ... as they say it takes all sort!

Stella - Aunty Mac sounds fab!

Fizzy said...

Loved the list. Those NZ ads are brill. Can't get my head around the Eddie Izzard thing lol.
Have a good day