Thursday, September 22, 2005

The things kids say #3

Last Friday .... what a hoot!

K - Lauren's picking me up tonight!

Me - no problem K! Who's Lauren?

K - my nanny.

Me - what, your grandma? You call your grandma Lauren?

K - no! Well Mummy doesn't call her my nanny.

Me - What does Mummy call her? *I was being incredibly nosey*

K - Umm? *insert theatrical thinking poses galore here* Umm?

Me - Have you forgotten?

K - Yeh, it's like banana but it's not that!

Me - *crying* K, is Lauren your aupair?

K - Yes the pear!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehee! How old are the kids you teach, btw?

Fizzy said...

That is so funny Jo. I love the things they say.

My fave is was last year Y5 class. I asked the kids if anyone knew what you called it when the moon or the earth blocked the light from the sun. After a few guesses the child who drove me potty was positively exploding so I asked him what it was called and said "apocolypse".
Just how do you keep a straight face?

Have a good day

Walker said...

Ha Ha Ha kids have innocent answers. It's a good thing we grow out of it well most of us do anyway.

Katya Coldheart said...

awww thats so cute, i love reading the cute things kids say in the Daily Mail every day...they can see the good in everything...

:0)

utenzi said...

Michele sent me to you, Jo.

Your conversation with "K" reminds me of a comic strip that's published here in the States named "One Big Happy". Have you ever seen it, Jo?

Doris said...

Wonderful :-) Thanks for sharing that precious snippet.