Sunday, January 08, 2006

The postman cometh!

Saturday 10.25 am ~ The postie rang the bell about 8 minutes ago to deliver a package ... he left a card on Tuesday and I rang to say please, please, please bring it back on Saturday morning and therefore have been bouncing up and down since then with excitement!!! *drums fingers on desk in excitement*

parcel

There was a lovely sound coming from the box as I shook it (yes I know I shouldn't but I'm still very immature young at heart) and inside it was ..... well loads of goodies, some particularly useful as it is absolutely freezing today! *clicking on thumbnails should get a bigger picture to peruse*

box goodies money warm toes

So, I'm sitting here this morning (Sunday) quietly (Simon is still asleep) drinking a mug of mocha* (yummy, I can see a visit to the supermarket coming on!), with toastie to toes to say Lisa, thankyou so much for the lovely present ... I cannot wait to take the money into school to show the children on Monday! I did do my best to get a photo of the postman but he got all cat's bum mouth-ed and said "I'm working, I'm in my official uniform, it's not allowed!" I tried to tell him he would be world famous and on t'Internet but he was having none of it!

*This must all be so familiar to you except that outside it is pitch black, we have snow forecast and the wind isn't blowing!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Woo hooo! It finally arrived! I'm so pleased. I was starting to worry that it had got lost in the post. Aren't those socks cool?? I know the stripes are horizontal, but hey, who really gives a shit if they're keeping your feet warm right? lol

How sweet for you to blog about it, I love it, thanks Jo!

Le laquet said...

You are so welcome! I am putting Barnaby (the Bear) in his posting box as soon as I have typed this and sending him off tomorrow. Photos of typically Wellington things/places/people (with him in them too) would be fab! You get to live my embarrassing primary teacher's life vicariously through taking the pictures! :o)

Steve said...

cor its a good job Simon was asleep when you put those socks on....... he wouldnt have been able to control himself ;)

Le laquet said...

lmao! Jealousy is a hard emotion to deal with Steve .... we understand! ;o)

Katya Coldheart said...

isn't she fab, aparantly the coffee is amazing...

:0)