Sunday, January 29, 2006

Unconscious mutterings #156

mutteringsredanim88x33

I say ... and you think ... ?

Long distance :: phone call. Whenever I go abroad, I have this system with my parents that I make long-distance collect phone calls every other day to let them know things are fine. When in the states I didn't even have to speak to them ... I used to tell the operator that it was Joanne (not Jo) and they knew everything was ok and I didn't need to talk.
Meant to be :: this has given me the most pondering ... I thought of all those things that were meant to be together, you know ~ strawberries and cream, a long hot soak and a glass of wine, Posh & Becks (because who else would put up with either one's shenanigans?), me & my blog! Meant to be!
Here :: and now
Endless :: Endless Love ~ loved the book, hated with a capital H the film! Rubbish!
Resentment :: always leads to some form of revenge
Insipid :: pale, weak, tasteless, wan
Bunny :: Hugh Hefner
Slogan :: Because your worth it! Always cracked me up when said by Le Ginola! I don't know why, because I think he's quite sexy in a long-haired-French kind of way and he's got gorgeous thighs! And ... good on himself for his work on the Walk Without Fear anti-landmine campaign!
Naked :: civil servant
Sarcasm ::
moi? No! Not me, I am never sarcastic!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The number of people I know who did that long distance thing is astonishing... do you think the operators ever caught on? And what would your parents say...? "No, we wont accept that call!" And then the operator would think, "Hmmm, I wonder what that poor girl did?" I can see this playing out to a v v funny Will & Grace episode!

Anyway, fun blog... here from Michele's!

Walker said...

I dont need to do that from here its so cheap now to call over seas. 2 dollars for NZ to home for 2 hours and it cost us 10 cents a minute from Canada

utenzi said...

Michele sent me, Jo. Or should I say Joanne, because I'm sure everything is alright with you.

Posh is quite cute but you're right--those two are best matched to one another for the sake of the rest of humanity.

Viamarie said...

Cheers from Michele. Enjoy your weekend Jo!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Posh and Becks! LOL.

Here via Michele's

Fizzy said...

Long distance :: holidays... what I am dreaming of right now
Meant to be :: somethings just are
Here ::at Chez le laquet
Endless ::memories
Resentment ::why do I have to go grey at 38??
Insipid ::colurless
Bunny ::Agatha Christie... there is always someone called Bunny in them (and Jeeves and Wooster)
Slogan ::Ducks Rule
Naked ::mmmmmmm*censored thoughts*
Sarcasm ::Too quick to slip off the tongue longer to apologise for