Friday, May 26, 2006

A cornucopia of delights, but not for me!

I was on a course yesterday, positive handling ... dealing with "physical" children in school. It was a long day, interesting but emotionally and physically demanding. I completed a similar course about 9 years ago and have rarely needed to use the techniques taught ~ less than a handful of times and mainly with 3 little darlings who have kicked shit out of me on various occaisions during my teaching career ... that'll teach me to be good with "fighters", I get given lots of them.

As Jo (in the class next door), I and 5 other members of staff were on the course, the school was full of supply teachers yesterday and when I went in to drop off my planning I noticed that Jo and I had a married couple earmarked for our classes. The conversation went a little like this ...

Me ~ look, because we're both called Jo they've found a married couple to be in our classes ... isn't that sweet!

Jo ~ *laughs* yes, fancy a quickie lesbian wedding when we get back?

Me ~ *sniggers at Jo* Gobshite!

Margaret ~ no, I don't think so, they're brothers.

Me ~ oh, ok!

Well they certainly were brothers, from the land of Oz, tall, stacked, good looking, blue eyes and I have never seen a female staff ... I don't know quite what word to use for the reaction, I think I'll say ripple ... yes I have never seen a female staff ripple in quite such a way before. Every single member of the female staff visited my and Jo's classrooms yesterday morning, to say "enjoy your course", "see you tomorrow", "wow that's a cool whiteboard you have*" and "is the ICT suite free today?" And then there was the reaction of the mothers when they walked onto the playground! LMAO! Ah well, I'm on a course again today ... Mrs Rebbets from the nursery is taking my class! They'll be gutted :o)

* The whiteboard has been in my classroom for 18 months!

7 comments:

MaR said...

Busy, busy. Hope you find some time to visit. Yes, you can read about this one UK blogger and I *giggle*

rashbre said...

I thought I's drop by too, to complete the set!

And now you get a week to chill!
rashbre

Recovery Road London said...

I feel pretty unworthy when I read some of your posts. About work, I mean.

Fizzy said...

lol some whiteboard you have there Miss. lol.
You have definately cuased a ripple, I wonder what Mrs R thought when everyone stuck thier faces round the corner to see if the Aussies were still there lol


Thanks for the congrats

Le laquet said...

mar ~ Spain next week, wrong side of the country unfortunately!

rashbre ~ chill has started but needs to be tomporarily halted for a 600 mile drive tonight.

kenny ~ ah jealously is a strong and dangerous emotion! You should see my new trick for removing your hand from the mouth of a biting child!

Fizzerella ~ you are most welcome congratulations again! as I said earlier just a damn shame the school won't/can't give you a direct contract.

Katya Coldheart said...

men hungry teachers in a ripple effect huh...nice image, i bet they were lapping it up...

:0)

Fizzy said...

ooooooooooo consider yourself tagged...*runs away and hides*