Saturday, February 03, 2007

We just don't have the time

On Friday I went out with the girls from work ... it was our Christmas meal out which wasn't really a Christmas meal out (one of the member's of the team is a JW, so doesn't celebrate) at all because it was to one of those eat-as-much-as-you-can Chinese buffets. I normally can't stand them but this one wasn't too bad actually. Nice food, fabulous vegetables ~ broccoli with garlic, chili and mushrooms! Yum!

Anyway the whole point of this post is that I rushed home from work and only had a short while to get ready to go back out again. On coming downstairs at 6.45 to leave, I found a horrible mess in one of the kitchen sinks (we have 2 round sinks in the kitchen*). As I was going out Simon was making dinner and had poured the liquid from a can of baked beans down the sink ... all over the dish drainer and the clean mugs on/in it!

This drives me mad! He does it all the time!! And then I have to re-wash the dishes and the draining rack! So, I decide to take the bull by the horns so to speak!! I walk into the living room, sit on the couch and say ...

Me ~ Simon does anything I do piss you off?

Simon ~ Why?

Me ~ Because I want to tell you about something you do that pisses me right off and I thought I'd give you a chance to have your say first.

Simon ~ You're going out in 10 minutes aren't you?

Me ~ Yes. Why?

Simon ~ We don't have time to go through my list! *starts laughing*

Don't laugh at him ... it makes him think he's funny! You know, I hate it when he's a gobshite ... I just left it at this point. I'll get back to it though :o)

* When we put the kitchen in almost 2 1/2 years ago I made the decision to have 2 sinks and no draining board. I have a dishwasher to wash my dishes. I wasn't going to need to drain dishes!! But instead I might want to wash veg whilst soaking a pot ~ hence 2 sinks! Little did I know!! So, now I have an Ikea draining rack in the bottom of one sink :o)

No comments: