Friday, March 24, 2006

It's a Friday, let's feast!

Appetizer
How would you describe your personal comfort zone? I need to have had the opportunity to invite people into my personal space rather than them invade it! I think that it's enjoying having plenty of space to move ... sometimes if people get too close I feel the need to (literally) push them away or tell them to back off. Makes me sound as if I'm somewhere on the autistic spectrum!!

Soup
What is your favorite tree? As a child I was always fascinated with pictures of
giant sequoia ~ imagine a tree that had been alive on our planet that long!!! I would love to go and see General Sherman or General Grant with a big group of friends, try to link arms around them all the usual things ... the immensity of them! Wow!


Salad
List 3 foods you'd like to include in your dinner plans for tonight. Sausages, bubble and squeak and gravy.

Main Course
What is the best advice you've ever been given, but didn't heed? Umm, hard one. I tend to follow good advice if I can. Can I think about this and get back to you?


Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest), how much attention do you feel comfortable receiving from others? As a teacher, attention from a class of children doesn't bother me at all. But from adults ... probably a 4!

2 comments:

Fizzy said...

Appetizer
How would you describe your personal comfort zone?

I am the same as you, I like attention in short bursts as I also like my own space, I often withdraw and quite happily watch others from the side lines for a while.
Soup
What is your favorite tree?

ooooo that is easy a Rowan or Mountain Ash I love the colour of thier berries and the shapes of thier leaves. I also like the colours that Maples turn in Autumn
Salad
List 3 foods you'd like to include in your dinner plans for tonight.

mmm not sure had a hankering for a Steak for a while now but am going out out tonight so no cooking at all... mmmmmSteak, Garlic Mushrooms and some sort of creamy sauce
Main Course
What is the best advice you've ever been given, but didn't heed?

Another hard one. I am not good at accepting "I told you so"s. I like to find things out my own way. I quite often do things the hard way because of this... call me stubborn
Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest), how much attention do you feel comfortable

mmmmmmmm in short doses, then I am not bad at it, bu then if it goes on and on and on ... well that is the time I withdraw.
I used to hate the idea that the University Tutors would hold meetings to discuss their students. I always wanted to know what they said a bout me... insecurity I know.
so 1-10??? I think I am a 4 or 3


How are you today?

MaR said...

Glad to see you are back! I would love to see a sequoia, fascinating tree. Didn't know what bubble and squeak was, thanks for the link! Have a lovely weekend