Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The A to Z of me!

Can you tell it's a quiet news day, truth be known - I'm a teacher, it's July ..... I'm tired!! I will return full of vim and vigour after a summer break; but until then - here's my A to Z!!

*raises one eyebrow and says* I know you won't believe this of me BUT I stole this ..... I did!! But I remember where from (which makes a pleasant change I know!) - this was stolen from Kenju - go and take a look @ her answers!!

A is for Age :: it will be the 14th anniversary of my 21st birthday on August 14th!!
B is for Booze :: as if you don't know already - red wine or brandy with lots of coke and ice (not good brandy - don't panic!)
C is for Career :: I used to paint maps, but now I teach!
D is for Dad's name :: Dad / Daddy, real name Donald, Don - lengthened to Donaldo by me etc
E is for Essential Item to bring to a Party :: 3 essentials, a bottle, a smile and a gift for the host(ess)
F is for Favorite Songs at the Moment :: oh, umm, not a new one, listen to a lot of Faith Hill, so "This Kiss!"
G is for Goof-off thing to do :: umm, I'm British do we goof-off? I'm really very boring you know - I play poker with friends and backgammon with online friends. Umm - yawn!
H is for Hometown :: small town beginning with a Pont***********, outside Swansea, South Wales
I is for Instrument you play :: none, I'd love to be able to play the piano!
J is for Jam or Jelly you like :: peach jam - not much of a sweet tooth. Red onion marmalade with cheese!
K is for Kids :: I'd love to but it's not happening!
L is for Living arrangement :: mid terrace Edwardian in Gillingham with Simon.
M is for Mom's name :: Mam, Mammy (Not Mum/Mummy - too English for me!); real name Lavinia - oh boy she loves that one!! Called Vin by her friends - called Vinnie by Sandy - WHY?????
N is for Names of best friends :: Kevan, Ruth, Su aka Tart, Simone & Jo
O is for overnight hospital stays :: yes; 2 nights for an operation in March this year!
P is for Phobias :: spiders!! Oh and being enclosed!
Q is for Quote you like :: there are lots, see here!
R is for Relationship that lasted longest :: this one, it'll be 6 years in September
S is for Siblings :: one brother, 3 1/2 yrs younger!
T is for Texas, ever been? :: No, loved Dallas though! *waits for backlash from 1000s of Texans*
U is for Unique trait :: I don't know, I am going to ask my Mammy and get back to you on this one!!
V is for Vegetables you love :: all of them (that I've tried so far!), I am remarkably unfussy when it comes to food!! Favourite vegetables - asparagus, sweetcorn, parsnips and (mashed) swede!
W is for Worst traits :: mine - I'm impatient, do it NOW! In other people - dishonesty!
X is for Xrays you've had :: yes, only 2 lots!
Y is for Yummy food you make :: warm green bean and bacon salad, couscous, fab Coq au Vin recipe and I now make Kev's Homity Pie and call it my own!!
Z is for Zodiac sign :: Leo, with Aquarius rising (what?)

10 comments:

aishah said...

interesting...maybe i can try and put up my own A to Z...cool!

Fizzy said...

oo that is a good list...can I steal it for tomorrow? pleeeeeeeeeeease :)
red onion marmalade with cheese ooo yummy.

Fizzy said...

oo that is a good list...can I steal it for tomorrow? pleeeeeeeeeeease :)
red onion marmalade with cheese ooo yummy.

Walker said...

PSSSSSSSST Jo this going to be my new Friday link. My diet's in trouble LOL
http://allaboutfood.blogspot.com/

Katya Coldheart said...

i think i might have done this already, great answers, i love Faith Hill...and her hubby Tim McGraw is great too...

and there is a huge spider in my kitchen, so much so i only had cereal for dinner as i didn't want to be in there too long making anything else...

:0)

Sara said...

I havbe to ask, as a sometime ingnorant American, what is homity and swede? Last I knew, swede would be someone from Sweden, but things are changing everyday, right??

And I'll steal this one as well :)

Fizzy said...

Morning. How are you today?

Lisa said...

Morning Jo, hope all's going well for you...I was thinking about B and icecream...you do know you could mix those two together don't you? Blend the brandy with some icecream and make what we call 'Hooligan Soup'...I know you didn't say anything about icecream, but anytime I see the word brandy, I think of Hooligan Soup lol

Le laquet said...

aishah - please do! I will re-vamp; going to do an A to Z of my summer holiday!

fizzy - I'll send you the recipe!

Walker - oh I like that site v nice!!

Le laquet said...

katya - spider!!!!!

slinky - a swede is root vegetable, orange; called a turnip in Scotland and a rutabaga in France! And Homity Pie .... might be a Friday ode to that I think!

fi - good thanks, tired!!

sara - oh sara, sounds like an alcoholic McDonalds thick shake! Is it good?