Thursday, July 14, 2005

Today I am mostly wearing black

.............. but my aura (spelling? doesn't look right!!) is baby blue!! Remember this - well, Baby #5 is still hanging in there - WHOOP! In fact he's now officially overdue - get a move on sunshine!! My sister-in-law (turn away - gynaecological* detail coming now) had her cervix swept yesterday ....... so watch this space - Chez le laquet is officially AJA (on "Aunty Jo Alert")

I've just waved my mum and dad, and nephew #1, #2 and #3 off @ Dover - they're on their way back (mum and dad that is) with the boys to France for 2 weeks! They (the boys, not my father) get more and more gorgeous everytime I see them and #1 is now nearly as tall as Grandad ....... so that'll provoke fun over the next fortnight!! When I also commented on the fact that his voice had broken he replied with "yeh, yeh, yeh Aunty Jo - go on laugh, get it over with!!" I mean, me - take the mick / extract the urine? Please as if I would ... officially going to rename #1 as Barry, from today :o)



In other news - shit it's hot!! Only 6 more (school) get-ups before the summer holidays!!!! Monday is transition day - I get next year's class for the whole morning - whoop! I am really trying to be excited .... can you tell? Yesterday was bad, really hot, humid, muggy and close; so, screeching, sweaty kids, bad-tempered teachers, narky parents - give me one of these here swimming pools to laze around please!


* How is it I had no qualms about spelling gynaecological, but had problems with aura??? Beats me too!!

6 comments:

Katya Coldheart said...

aura was spelt right, at least it looks right anyway...so you want to be interviewed, i really have no idea what to ask but here goes...

1. If you could own an exotic or unusual pet what would it be and why

2. Who would be your ideal dinner guest past/present

3. If you could be a flower, what would you be

4. What three items would you like to take with you on a desert island

5. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be

ok thats about it, enjoy, and put this at the bottom of the post

Now the rules

1. Leave me a comment saying 'interview me please'
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here on my blog (not the same questions you see here)
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions

Fizzy said...

OOO I am thinking of your Sister-in-law and your "baby blue".

laughing loads at #1 aka Barry.

When do your schools break up? We don't break up until Friday. (well my daughter breaks up on the Thursday but don't tell the hair-greying-one)

Good luck with transistion day.

Walker said...

Aura was spelt right, Hot I now that word and the feeling very well, its been 40 here for 3 days and the near future is the same. We did have thunderstorms last night though.
Have a nice day and I hope 6 days goes fast and the summer slows down for you. :D

Le laquet said...

Katya - thank you, do you think they'll put it in Hello with a photo shoot if I ask nicely?

Fizzy - the boys were just so lovely, I wish them "bonne courage" as they have a week ahead of them of my dad, before I arrive next Saturday! And then I get them too for a week - hurrah!!

Walker - did you get rain? We have just had a hose-pipe ban imposed and I am crying out for the stuff!!

Steve said...

As a bloke with 5 kids I thought i knew most gynaecological terms( i know i didnt have them but you know what I mean) but having your cervix swept is a new one on me.So do they use a yard broom, bessom or hand brush. Wouldnt it be quicker just to have a quick whip round with the hoover.

Le laquet said...

Steve - she's into cleanliness; it was probably her new dyson!!