Sunday, July 17, 2005

I've been a little busy!


The postman knocked twice didn't get a chance to knock yesterday morning - I hurtled up the garden path to snatch the mail out of his hand and then ran back to the house to get a pair of scissors. Simon apparently shrugged apologetically and explained that I'd been waiting for the book to arrive - I don't know; I was already on page 5 by then! I read quickly and I read everywhere; whilst I'm in the bath, on the loo, watching TV [what you can't multi-task?] in the car [as a passenger only I promise! :o) ] etc

Yesterday we went to my mum in law's for a BBQ - I read all the way there and then had to put the book away and "be polite / drink / eat / speak / pretend to enjoy myself!" Actually that's not true I did enjoy myself - the food was fab, the "pink" sparkling wine from Sainsbury's was gorgeous ... I'll be buying some of that! I was with people whose company I genuinely enjoy - Simon's sister Helen took all the photos @ the wedding and had put together a beautiful album for us! * Laura & Geoff (Simon's niece & her partner) had put together all the film they shot @ the wedding and made copies for everyone set to the music we used @ the ceremoney - brilliant!!

We played cards (poker, some very fast snappy thing & cheat - I lost everything!) and then I went to bed intending to finish the book and fell fast asleep immeadiately! Woke @ 7.30 and finished it! Loved it!! Don't panic, I am not going to give plot secrets away to spoil things! I was however surprised @ the character who dies and surprised @ the murderer .... I now don't want to wait another 2 years for the next book!! Oh welly - not like I have much choice really!

* Helen also had a photo made into mouse mats - a photo of our wedding cake ... because we met online etc. My MIL thought they were place mats and that the wedding DVD were coasters for mugs - nearly had an asthma attack laughing at that one!!

I've just re-read this post; it makes no sense at all - sorry guys, the brain is on a bit of a meander to be honest!

5 comments:

Walker said...

It makes Lots of sense, you got the new Harry Potter book and the rest is filler. LOL

Fizzy said...

I accosted my postman too :) He reckons that the next Book will be called Harry Potter and the Wonky Postman..... he was also very unkind to those who ordered two copies to be delivered at the same time:)

Haven't started it yet.
HAve a good day

Steve said...

I have to admit to being sent to stand outside a branch of WH Smiths on Friday night by my other half. To return home at 1:30 am and find she was already asleep was a little annoying to say the least, especially as 2 copies arrived the following morning via our crooked and hobbling postman.

Doris said...

One day I'll get around to reading any Harry Potter!!! :-) (I thought this was supposed to be the last book?)

Le laquet said...

Walker - *a la Scooby Doo villain* and I would have got away with it if it wasn't for that pesky Canadian who reads my blog!!

Fizzy - wise-cracking postmen - who needs them eh?

Steve - Ouch, that's devotion - I did wait until Saturday morning!

Doris - no 1 more to go! I had to read to keep my "school street cred" up!