Friday, July 22, 2005

Finished!

Well that's me awake - last "get-up" of the school year done! YES!! Always a bitter sweet day - some kids (&/or their parents) who I am SO glad to see the back of, others who I already realise that I will truly miss come September. Display boards stripped bare, reading & library books taken in, excercise books & art work sent home, classroom clear & a list of smeggy school jobs a mile long for the summer holidays - what you thought teachers "dossed" for the whole of the 5 1/2 weeks? ;o)

Tomorrow I get to disappear to France until August 26th - hurrah! Sun, swimming pool and a ride-on lawn mower ..... what more could a girl ask for? Unfortunately I also get French dial-up Internet, so I am going to take Walker's advice and write blog entries in word and paste them over! Ok, off to Tesco to buy flowers for my TAs - you all have a wonderful day in blogland!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

After reading your comment on my post, more to the point, reading the time you wrote it...I had to run over here to find out what the hell got you out of bed so bloody early in the morning!!

Now I see what's so exciting. The end of the school term. And France! Yay! How exciting for you!

But my god, getting up that early?? You lot really ARE made of sterner stuff...but then, I never doubted that.

have a great day Jo!

Thumper said...

Wow...France. Take lots of pictures and buy each and every perosn who reads your blog a t-shirt;)

Hi from Michele's!

Walker said...

Nice no work, France and riding Lawn mower. I bet you raring to take off.
and if it makes you feel good, you'll be back at work before you know it. If you really miss them that much LOL

Fizzy said...

Have a good last day. A very good last day. I hope all the kiddies behave. AND HELP you..... all that taking down and putting away.... ack ack ack.

Look after yourself...and I look forward to reading your lazy day posts when you get to France.

Recovery Road London said...

Happy holidays! :-)

Katya Coldheart said...

yay for you, last days are always great, but off to France to boot...hope you both have a great time, looking forward to your stories and piccies soon...

:0)

Ms Mac said...

Have a wonderful time! I hope the weather holds up for you!

Le laquet said...

Yay!!!!!! Home for the holidays; if I knew how to add music to my blog it would be playing school's out for summer - have a good one all of you!

Doris said...

Enjoy your hols :)