Saturday, July 30, 2005

Where I was at!

I think this should have been my first post ever, but I guess it wasn't appropriate right then ... I promise you'll understand what I mean by the time I get to the end ... honest!

For the last 6 days, I have been here -



This is le laquet ........ where I pinched my name from!

He and she live here/there!

dad
mammy

But sometimes he looks like this!!

Ready lads I'm going in

Sometimes, Simon has to be taken back there from parties like this! [In the boot!]

How do you get home

Sometimes it snows, but so far this summer has been hot, very hot!!! I love hot weather but 38°C in the shade, for a week solid has left me feeling that I should probably go to Iceland next year! On Thursday night we had the kind of thunder-storm that the Quercy region is famous for! We'll need to put a new roof on the shed - the hailstones broke the existing one - I don't know if the house roof is ok ...... now there's a job for Simon eh?!?

Which is pretty much the point of this post, le laquet is where I feel most @ home - a bungalow in a sleepy little French village, miles from the main road, where time pretty much stands still & EVERYONE is relaxed - Vive l'été mes amis!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay, you're home! and I'm first! (I'm assuming you're home cos the pictures have turned up via the camera cord lol)

Cool pics...what a lovely place le laquet looks. Fancy hail stones breaking the shed roof..they must've been pretty big ones (I'm a kiwi, things are usually small down our ways lol).

hahaha @ Simon in the boot!

Le laquet said...

Sara - I'm home ..... but Simon and I are off to France tomorrow evening - minus the nephews!! Back about the 26th of August ..... not looking forward to the joys of dial-up Internet and all that!! I am not sure how patient I am, to blog with such slow access ... I feel a photo a day in lieu of posting coming!
xx

Le laquet said...

p.s.

Simon in the boot - you are so right, I cried laughing!

And the hailstones were mahoosive, like golf balls!

Fizzy said...

Hehehehe Still popping?

Le laquet looks and sounds wonderful....

Why did Simon have to go in the boot?

I can not imagine hailstones that big or fierce WOW

Anonymous said...

I was thinking to myself the other day I wonder what Chez le laquet means - and now I know!

It looks like a wonderful place - like a second home.