Monday, June 13, 2005

5 things I miss from my childhood

I was tagged by Deb

The Rules : Remove the #1 person from the following list, bump everyone up one place and add your/your blog’s name in the #5 spot. You need to actually link to & visit each of the blogs for the link-whorage aspect of this fiendish meme-age to kick in. Here we go:


  1. Dana @ Southern Gal Goes North
  2. SusiePie
  3. Concrete Angel
  4. Deb @ Sugarfused
  5. Jo @ Chez le laquet!

…and then you choose 4 unsuspecting victims…

  1. Sara & Walker - seeing as it's you two, joint efforts allowed :o)
  2. Maria
  3. Kenny
  4. Tom
and then you fill in this -->


5 Things I Miss From My Childhood:


  1. The innocence of life, knowing that whatever happened, good or bad, my Mum and Dad would be home that night to share it / sort it out! [Ok, this is a role Simon now fills - but it's different .... isn't it?!?]
  2. My grandfathers, both of them - Dad's dad; his stories, his blustering, his cooking! [My mother will boke over that one, not because she'll think it was too sentimental; just because she hated my grandfather's cooking!] Mum's dad; the laughter, the little hut where he worked
  3. Those long, hot, summers - which seemed longer and hotter than any we have these days ..... are they sure about global warming?
  4. Our house in Swansea - it's still the place I picture when I say the word "home!" The kitchen where everyone sat and talked, the garden where I spent my summers - playing games, pinching crab apples from the trees next door, the old pig sty (pig and pig sh*t free by the time we came along) which was so many things from haven to hideaway.
  5. Our outdoor weekends - from April to October, Mum and Dad would hitch up the trailer tent and we'd be off. We travelled all over south Wales, the marches and into Avon & Somerset - thats about as far as you could get on a weekend. It was idyllic - I got to see/experience so much ...... I'd love to go this weekend but work makes it an impossibility. *stops griping and smiles over the memories*

Righty-oh, everyone understand? Thank god - because I was really confused the first time I read it!! It's over to you then! :o)

1 comment:

Ms Mac said...

I miss my Grandad's shed too! I will put that one in as one of mine! (I also got tagged on this one)