Saturday, June 11, 2005

killing time on ebay

48 mins 24 secs - I am currently watching an item on ebay for my mother! It's a bit like one of those "you know it's the 21st century, when you're parents are using ebay!" She's after a "previously owned" (I'm sure someone somewhere thinks it's not PC to say second hand anymore) trailer tent!

41 mins 59 secs - Mum and Dad have gone out, Dad has an "English language" AA meeting on Saturday afternoons - he takes the tea and coffee. I've never been to an open AA meeting, but I understand they drink plenty of coffee!! Dad has two American friends who go to the same meeting - they eat huge bars of chocolate (which I think they share around) .... I think I'd quite like that meeting! I had to tell dad that it was the 70th birthday of AA this week - he likes cards and a cake on his AA birthday ..... any excuse for a cake I think!

36 mins 43 secs - have you got the idea yet? I'm sitting here until the bitter end and they get the trailer tent (or I bid to their limit) and you get to be here with me!!

35mins 21 secs - they were bidding on a trailer last week, and someone came to visit during the last ten minutes of the auction ...... must have been nail biting stuff! *snorts aloud*

32 mins 5 secs - it says "you are still the highest bidder!" It'll be a panic if they do get it - I'll have to go and collect it from Deeside and we haven't even got a tow-hitch yet!!

30 mins 23 secs - Tell me guys, what's the most unusual thing you have ever bought or sold on ebay?

28 mins 50 secs - done quite a lot of school work this morning as this auction has carried on, collated last of SATs data, written music, PE and PHSE comments for my reports - all scintillating stuff.

24 mins 52 secs - on a lighter note, I can hear my next-door but 2 neighbour through the window, he's banging the washing line and shouting for their cat to come. So it's bang, bang "Pussy!" Bang, bang "Pussy!" - he needs to be careful he doesn't get more than he bargained/is shouting for!!

22 mins 46 secs - You are the current high bidder!

20 mins 9 secs - Dad has just rung from France (meeting is obviously over then) to say "your Mummy [he says it to nark her!] is wondering have you heard anything about her trailer tent!" I told him I was monitoring it ..... I didn't let him know how closely I was blogging it!! Mum is probably, as I type, slaughtering the car to get back up the RN20 and home before the auction finishes!! Vive la France et les autoroutes Françaises and all that!!

15 mins 36 secs - do I have time to go and pee?

14 mins 30 secs - yes I had time!!

13 mins 29 secs - you're probably thinking "that was a long pee"! I had to use comfort drops on my contacts too ..... just call me speedy!

10 mins 17 secs - We used to have a trailer tent a bit like this one when we were kids. It was wonderful ... holidays every summer, weekends away. Hopefully Simon and I will be able to use it when we go to France this summer. We're due to go camping (and we have quite a big tent) but it would be nice to not sleep on the floor. This kind of trailer tent is so quick and easy to put up! None of the snarling usually associated with our 'tent pitching arguments.'

8 mins 30 secs - into single figures, I'm getting quite nervous! Can you imagine how crap I'd be in/at a bingo hall!!

4 mins 59 secs - god!! Where's my assistant to mop my brow? I bet some bastard bids at 5 secs to go!! They will won't they .... should I up her maximum bid? What do you reckon?

4 mins 5 secs - his wife's out there screaming "Pussy!" now - they maybe should have called the cat Maude or Silky or something more fitting & safer!

1 min 58 secs - are you with me? It's edge of seat/knicker wetting time!!

Auction ended - *sounds fanfare* - I'm going on holiday in a trailer tent this summer!!

8 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

"15 mins 36 secs - do I have time to go and pee?

14 mins 30 secs - yes I had time!!"

LMAO! Typical girly! A bloke would have found a convenient and empty beer can to piss in!

;-)

Happy and Blue 2 said...

Whoohoo..what a nailbiter of a story..

Lisa said...

lol I had to attend a meeting on an evening that an auction I was bidding on closed. So I gave my best friend my password and a dollar limit so she could do the battle for me. My cellphone rang in the middle of the meeting...she's on the other end, gasping for breath..."OMG, it's gone over the limit you gave me, what do I do??!" I reply "just get me the damn thing, forget the limit". 'We' won.

If was fun hearing her so wound up to the point of screeching down the phone at me lol

Now if I want something, I lurke...I watch it and lurke heaps and then...I pounce on it a couple of minutes before the end and piss the rest of them off lol

Cool Dad said...

Wow, Jo, some dude called you, "Dude". I once bought a Mayan vase on line, then I realized once it was purchased just how morally wrong it was to purchase contraband. You've been busy blogging.

Le laquet said...

Kenny - pee in a beer can? Please - I'll have you know I'm a lady! No, hang on, my mother thinks I'm a lady! (That's a little different isn't it?)

happyandblue2 - yes!! Thumb nail went - typing with one hand!

Sara - lol! See that was my worry, that it would go over her limit!

Arch storm - I just hope this trailer tent works!

Tom - *dude* Is it a real Mayan vase? Do you have it? Can we see photos? Sorry *looks guilty* you're right it is/was morally dodgy to deal in contraband!

Thanks for stopping by guys!

Ms Mac said...

That sounds like a lot of hard work!

Is it not easier to just order one from the catalogue? ;-)

Le laquet said...

Probably ms.mac .... but it was a bargain - and mother is anyone's for a bargain!

Sara said...

I bought tickets for the USA Lord of the Rings all day marathon on ebay since I missed them when they came out. It was well worth every cent I paid.