Sunday, June 26, 2005

I give up!

lions shirt

From Zinzan Brooke's Rugby Union column

To drop Gavin Henson and put in Jonny Wilkinson, who has been out of the loop for two years and only played his first comeback match about three weeks ago, is basically saying "OK, Wales may have won the Grand Slam but you're not good enough."

Do you have to wear a white jersey to play for this team or what? If Henson doesn't get in the Test team next week he may as well get on the first plane home.

It puts a big question mark against the whole squad ethos and Woodward is going to have to earn that knighthood now."

Are you listening Sir Clive?
Does 21-3 not ring any alarm bells with you?

11 comments:

Cool Dad said...

Finally, a little sports talk on one of my daily reads and.....I have no idea what you are talking about, Jo. I want so badly to discuss sports but, alas, Welsh rugby is not one of my all time favorites. Woe is me.

Le laquet said...

Ok Tom - some bed-side reading for you, call it Welsh Rugby 101!!

Welsh club rugby / National team / Six Nations etc --> http://www.wru.co.uk/2_6.php

Personally, I follow Llanelli Scarlets (coming from v near there!)

Wales in America --> http://www.wru.co.uk/14_7.php?PHPSESSID=437bbeaadaf12e8ffcee21ad96e974f4

I have issues with Sir Clive Woodward (ex England coach, now in charge of Lions tour of NZ .....!!!) but I refuse to be vindictive about the tosser - Simon thinks he's a demi-god .... but then my husband is English! I know, I know - I have no-one but myself to blame for that!!

Fizzy said...

Unfortunately .... I am a league fan. we are huge rhinos supporters (well the boys are and so the house talks and revolves around it) I used to support wales as a kid as I have welsh blood about two or three generations back

Pirate Princess said...

Here via Michele today. Sorry, I don't know a thing about sports. I've always been a girly girl. :0)

Walker said...

I don't know anything about rugby but 21-3 says alot in any sport. OUCH

Lisa said...

Actually, 21-3 sounds pretty awesome to me lol

Recovery Road London said...

Zzzzzz, Oh! Sorry, did you say something? Eh? RUGBY????? Oh.

Zzzzzzz.


LMAO!

;-)

Anonymous said...

Walker - *ouch* yes like paper cuts and lemon juice!

Sara - yeh yeh yeh!! Well deserved!

Kenny - it's the thighs Kenny!! I don't actually watch them play!

Jo xx

Anonymous said...

And we missed the game! Argh! There was not a pub to be had that would switch over from Aussie Rules to let us watch it!

And of course no one remembered to tape it for us.

Ms Mac said...

Why do I not have any sons named Zin Zan?

How cool is he?

Le laquet said...

fi - strange the OH didn't remember to tape it!!

ms.mac - very cool and absolutely gorgeous!