Thursday, June 09, 2005

Throw him a belt he's fallen in!

One of the teachers from the nursery came to see me yesterday morning - they have had no computers on for the last 2 weeks (before half term) as they have had a problem with an extension lead ..... in fact the "safety" man said it was dangerous!! The children have not been able to use the PCs and apparently are banging/slamming the keyboards in frustration everytime they wander past - sound familiar guys?

So, at lunch time yesterday I went to a local DIY store ("Don't forget the VAT receipt Jo!!" said the martinet in the office) to buy a new extension cable to run the machines! [I know, I know - bring in an electrician and put in a proper electricity supply - I agree, but they are about to start construction on a new nursery unit .... so, extension it is!] I wandered around the store for a few minutes, found what I needed and arrived at the checkout.

Me - Can I have a VAT receipt for this please?

Checkout operator - A VAT receipt?

Me - Yes please.

C.O. - You want a VAT receipt? No problem! £9.98 please. Sign here.

Me - Thanks very much (takes bag from C.O.) bye!

You're probably wondering why I'm posting about this .... a number of reasons come to mind is it :-

a) I am so shocked by the politeness &/or service of the checkout operator that I wanted to let you know!

b) My life is so boring I have nothing else to write, or

c) The whole of the conversation/transaction with above mentioned employee took place with him staring right into my cleavage?

Note to checkout operator - it's summer, cleavage will be on show, if you stare so much/look that close/lean over that far ..... you will fall in!!

8 comments:

Walker said...

I'll say c. Working your job dosn't sound boring. Working where kids are involved never is. Working at the checkout anywhere must be boring and I don't see to many polite people there.

Lisa said...

You gave the guy doing that mundane job day in and day out a thrill...that's gotta be worth blogging about. Go Jo! lol

Katya Coldheart said...

awww its sweet when they haven't seen boobs before...(mind you they all seem to act like that...lol)

:0)

Ms Mac said...

But, the most important question is.... was he cute?

Recovery Road London said...

Cleavage rocks. I am a fan of cleavage. But I try not to drool too obviously.

LMAO!

**smiles**

Le laquet said...

Hey guys, I wasn't complaining - Simon always says "you can never have too much cleavage!" - it was just a health & safety warning for the poor lad!!

Jo

btw ms.mac - no, not cute :o(

Recovery Road London said...

Health and Safety????? lol!!!!!!!

Cool Dad said...

Jo,
You are one cool chick. The cleavage thing just rocks and then I look over and you're rocking to a little Joni Mitchell. Keep up the good work (pun intended).