Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Already struggling

It seems that blogging has become much more of a struggle than it was when I began my blog in 2005, so I decided to look back at my first posts - probably to see why I began. I was off work on sick-leave in March 2005 ... I'd had an op and was at home for 6 weeks when I came across an article on the BBC website about blogging and because of that made my way to blogger.com and there I was. I think blogging filled a gap, gave me someone to talk to. So I progressed through March into April and the build up to our wedding.

I didn't particularly want to get married. We'd been living together since 2000, I considered us a couple in every way, we pretty much knew that there'd be no children - so what difference would a wedding ring make? But 'Mr Old Fashioned & Traditional' thought we ought ... so - May 2005 it was, which reminds me, one day he really needs to propose properly instead of saying "I suppose we ought to get married." 'Mr Old Fashioned & Traditional' yes, 'Mr Loving and Supportive' yes, BUT 'Mr Loving and Romantic' hell NO! And in the time leading up to May 14th the blog became my shoulder to cry on because the pressures of planning the wedding were hellish. We were both under strain and knackered.
Which all in all I think, in a round-about way, means I'm glad that I'm struggling with blogging because at the start it was my crutch to escape loneliness and stress and hopefully now I'm doing that in other / better ways. BUT, it has brought me many good friends for which I will be forever grateful ... now if I could just manage to get through November!!

4 comments:

ljk said...

I still have mixed feelings about blogging. Most of the time, I don't see what's relevant to strangers. For the most part, people who read my blog are those I know in person, or who through pure luck, I've come to know through THEIR blogs. Yes you, Ms. J. But then, I could just as easily enjoy all YOUR HARD work...and not bother with a blog of my own ;-).

I dunno...sometimes I feel naff writing what I do. Half the time, I send it into draft mode. The other half, I copy and paste and send it to you so I can be peevish privately...LOL...

You could always recycle posts can't you or is that against the naplomo rules...

Bugger, blogger has cut off the rest of my name...
here it is...
eilani....

Lisa said...

I started reading you not long before the wedding. I love weddings and I loved having the chance to share in yours.

You sweet lady...I hate to say it, but I am so glad you were feeling stressed back then.

*hugs*

Fizzy said...

I have just read your comment.... I do not know what you mean!

Enlighten me pleeeeeeease

Fizzy said...

I started reading you just after your wedding. I started my origional one in Feb 2005.
This time around I too am struggling. Made some very good friends though