Friday, November 14, 2008

A week and a half

It's truly been quite a week - more of a week and a half than a week really. We've had a full moon which always turns our littlies into loons - particularly those with ASD / ADHD / OCD complications ~ and we've got plenty, trust me! 30 of our middle juniors have been away on a residential trip so classes have been mixed together and children have had different teachers.

It's been crazy.
And then today our Slovakian lads who were sent home last Thursday came back ... parents came in for re-integration meetings, interpreters were booked, PSPs (pastoral support plans) were written and it didn't go too badly all told. They both stayed in class as requested and didn't cause any fuss.
And then to top it off at 2.20 this afternoon a Staffordshire bull terrier puppy suddenly appeared in the middle of our playground - WTF?? 2 children were running screaming, I had to scarper after it and grab ... bloody ridiculous! It belongs to the family who live behind the nursery - who were out and hadn't taken their mobile phones with them.
Yep that's me - teacher, social worker, psychiatric nurse, report writer and now dog wrangler can be added to the end of the list. Lead me to my duvet!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope the dog was easy to catch, I have visions of you running around for ages. Sometimes they give you the impression you're about to get them and then they just zap off.

Hope next week is better for you and the Slovakian kids behave!

Cassoulet Cafe said...

maybe that's why my toddler was extra Spazzy this week...the full moon!!! Ahhh...some explanation finally...
:)

RE said...

LOL...woof woof...that must have helped increase your heart rate!

Laura in Paris said...

Quite many jobs for one single human! I love the dog wrangler on .. I really enjoyed reading your post.

Unknown said...

Yep, duvet, bed, hot chocolate, fire and soothing music - and a foot rub!